Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to select a default sound card on startup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am using a Android UI to change the AUDIO_OUTPUT from  AUDIO_CODEC to AUDIO_HDMI. However, when the device outputs, I always have to set again.
Is there a way to keep this setting by editing a certain file?

txt:

12-31 19:00:14.792 D/audio_hw_primary( 1747): read card /sys/class/sound/card2/id
12-31 19:00:14.792 D/audio_hw_primary( 1747): /sys/class/sound/card2/id, sndhdmi, len: 8
12-31 19:00:14.792 D/audio_hw_primary( 1747): linux name = sndhdmi, android name = AUDIO_HDMI
12-31 19:00:14.792 D/audio_hw_primary( 1747): find name map, card_id = sndhdmi, card_name = AUDIO_HDMI 

Thank you!
device output
device restart
Kodi does not know anything at all about this layer. It kindly asks Audiotrack - and whatever is configured here will be used by kodi. Also on Android only one soundcard is known, the difference in the PT sink is the same device again, but listing different capabilities.
sorry for the delayed reply. THank you.
>It kindly asks Audiotrack - and whatever is configured here will be used by kodi. Also on Android only one soundcard is known, the difference in the PT sink is the same device again, but listing different capabilities.
Sorry, I don't understand this exactly.
There is no way to change the default audio output card?
There is no way. This is android, not linux.