Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Android TV - Kodi SSL Issue - Shoutcast Radio Stream
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Not sure if anything can be done about this, i have an SSL internet radio stream via Shoutcast which is secured with an SSL certificate, the chain is as follows (Root CA = Digicert Global Root G2, Intermediate = RapidSSL TLS RSA CA G1) my DDNS domain name has been issued a valid certificate from the intermediate cert. The radio stream plays fine on secured https://directory.shoutcast.com/ and also any phone app that supports secure Shoutcast streams however when i play it via the Shoutcast Kodi addon, i receive the below errors in the log and the stream will not play.
Quote:CCurlFile::Stat Failed: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK(60)
CCurlFile::CReadState::FillBuffer: SSL peer certificate or SSH remote key was not OK(60)

I know this is probably nothing to do with Kodi but seeing i have a valid SSL certificate securing my stream that works on alot of other platforms would this suggest that my Android TV does not have the Root CA (i.e. Digicert Global Root G2) installed therefore Kodi does not allow the stream to open? or is this a problem with Kodi or potentially the Shoutcast addon? For the latter i can see no development for many years.

My TV is a Sony 55-X9000H Android TV and i am using the latest 20.3 Nexus release.

I can see according to here you disable the SSL check by adding |verifypeer=false to the end of URL but i don't know how to apply such an option on an Android TV device.