Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Nvidia Shield Pro - Stuttering / Lagging All Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

This 20.3 update is garbage. It has broken Kodi on the Nvidia Shield TV. All movies MKV's that played normally on 20.2 now stutter and lag without audio.

Does anyone have a hotfix? Or know a way to install 20.2 and completely disable updates??
TLDR: reinstalled 20.2 = back to normal

Ok so for everyone being affected by this horrible update. I just installed Xplore app from the playstore. Found a 20.2 APK ARM64 ver, put it on my nas and installed....SOOOO MUCH BETTER.

After fresh install, go to systems and disable auto updates.
(2024-01-17, 03:28)rugbyguy9 Wrote: [ -> ]TLDR: reinstalled 20.2 = back to normal

Ok so for everyone being affected by this horrible update. I just installed Xplore app from the playstore. Found a 20.2 APK ARM64 ver, put it on my nas and installed....SOOOO MUCH BETTER.

After fresh install, go to systems and disable auto updates.
Running perfectly fine on both my Nvidia Shield Pros…🤷🏻‍♂️. It’s not a problem with 20.3 (actually 20.3.2 from the Google Play Store).
Working fine for me as well.
Working fine for me on both a 2015 Shield and a 2019 Shield.

If you need further assistance then providing a Debug Log is the way to go.
Are your movies on a NAS/server?  I’m having the same issue.   I copied a movie across to my USB stick and it played fine.
(2024-01-18, 00:20)Zackey Wrote: [ -> ]Are your movies on a NAS/server?  I’m having the same issue.   I copied a movie across to my USB stick and it played fine.

Yes, all my content is on a Synology NAS. AFAIK their is nothing wrong with 20.3 or their would be obviously more problem reports than just you. The .3 or .2 updates did not change any of the underlying networking.
(2024-01-18, 02:13)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-01-18, 00:20)Zackey Wrote: [ -> ]Are your movies on a NAS/server?  I’m having the same issue.   I copied a movie across to my USB stick and it played fine.

Yes, all my content is on a Synology NAS. AFAIK their is nothing wrong with 20.3 or their would be obviously more problem reports than just you. The .3 or .2 updates did not change any of the underlying networking.
Sorry, I should have quoted the OP.  However, something must have changed.  20.2 works fine, 20.3 (and 21 beta) buffers.  Plex and jellyfin still work without transcoding.  Only affects 4k UHD for me.  All my other rips play as normal.
(2024-01-18, 09:18)Zackey Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-01-18, 02:13)wags1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Sorry, I should have quoted the OP.  However, something must have changed.  20.2 works fine, 20.3 (and 21 beta) buffers.  Plex and jellyfin still work without transcoding.  Only affects 4k UHD for me.  All my other rips play as normal.

I checked several 4k UHD files and all play normally on both my Nvidia Shields running Nexus 20.3.2. As I indicated, I don't doubt you are having issues but it does not appear to be an issue with the 20.3 update or their would be widespread reports. Best is for you to post a link to a log and hopefully some of the experts here can take a look and see where your issue may be.
Hi,

I had the same issue up to the point my movies stopped playing at all. Restarting my NAS did the trick for me. I think this cleared the NAS's cache which prevented the content from being streamed properly. Hope it helps.