Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sling TV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Sling TV
  • Uses IPTV Manager to integrate live channels into Kodi EPG
  • Watch certain channels for free with the Stream Free login option

https://github.com/eracknaphobia/plugin.video.slingtv

Initial Setup
  • Install IPTV Manager from their github repo as the version in the official kodi repo doesn't work correctly.
    • Make sure to disable updates for iptv manager or it will install the kodi repo version over top since it is a version ahead currently
  • Open the Sling TV addon it will prompt you to login to your account or select Stream Free
  • Once you've logged in successfully go to IPTV Manager Settings and select Refresh channels and guide now
  • It's recommended that you set the Refresh interval in IPTV Manager to 12 hours (or lower) since guide data is 24 hr period this will prevent any gaps in the guide
This is AWESOME!! This is great if all you need is the live TV and guide. I gave this a shot on my Kodi VM that runs IPTV merge and it's a lot snappier and light weight compared to the full Sling addon. My only question was that the channel counts don't line up. IPTV Merge will list 816 channels added but the guide will only display 407. This is with the free channels included. I also noticed a lot of channels are doubled like CNN or BET.

I've attached my log file but it may be quite long as I kept going back and forth from the SlingTV and Sling addon. I can make another later today.

SlingTV Log
Before I start with this, does this addon need a username and password and/or a paid account.  I just want to access the free channels

Edit:  Here are my points about the addon for the newcomers. 

The channels are geoblocked to the US but will work if a "gimmick" is applied (not that we would want to do that). 

When first opening the addon if you choose Stream Free instead of Sign In it will automatically create a free account for you

You then have to go to IPTV Manager go to the Channels menu and select Refresh Channels and Guide Now.  It will then load the Sling channels

When that is finished you go to IPTV Merge and add the Sling TV playlist and then Run Merge

Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
@snoopyjoe
Interesting, I'll have to look into that. Would you mind opening a issue on the github page so I can track it better?
@eracknaphobia

Aside from the geoblock? I thought it worked well integrating with my playlist.  When I used a "gimmick" the channels played, when I didn't the channels didn't play

Also maybe add some set up instructions, like those I added above in your first post.  That might be helpful to first timers

Are the channels and/or EPG going to appear in the addon sometime?  I think that is what confused me, I didn't see channels there and was somewhat confused as to what to do next.

Otherwise good job!
@barney63

I've added basic setup instructions to the github page, i'll add them here as well.

I was planning on adding some VOD options in the menu but this is not a priority at the moment. Yes it could use some polish i agree, but it's still early and there are bugs to fix first.

Thanks
@eracknaphobia

Just want to clarify what you meant when you said "I'll have to look into that."  Did you mean the geoblocking of channels to the US?

Yes, it is early days but once I figured it out I thought the addon worked pretty well. 

I am hoping this can be used outside the US as well.  Thanks
@barney63

I was referring to snoopyjoes issue with duplicate channels.

I have no interest in bypassing geo-restrictions and it is also against forum policy to discuss such things.
Not sure if you saw the issue I opened in github but is the lack of episode images an issue with the Sling add-on or is it something with IPTV Manager?

So far things look GREAT! I like how quick it is and the fact that it seems really light weight.
Duplicate channels and missing epg images should be fixed as of version 2024.2.4
Looks great! Thanks for both of those updates. 

I noticed that I have the option to "Play Programme" when in the guide. I "think" Play Programme will allow you to start what is playing from the beginning and this is based off the value in the catchup-id param in epg.xml.

When I click on Play Programme I get a message saying that Playback Failed. When I go to the URL in the catchup-id param, it resolves successfully but I'm not sure what Inputstream adaptive is looking for to play items.
Loving the add on, will you add the ability to watch the vod content in future releases....lol
@markeymark probably, once i've got the epg side of it working better.
Version 2024.03.24 Released
 - Pluto tv streams are now working
Any idea why sling is no longer working in Omega? Is there anything we can provide to help?
Pages: 1 2