Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Compile error, what I can do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys.
I'm running on Slackware 12.1, Kernel 2.6.26.5, i486 Architecture [Athlon XP 1800+].
I'm trying to package your XBMC, but I've encountered an error.
When I try to compile it (the configure script worked properly), an error blocks me:

Code:
gcc -fPIC -D_LINUX -O2 -c -o tif_ojpeg.o tif_ojpeg.c
In file included from tif_ojpeg.c:35:
/usr/include/jpeglib.h:1092:55: error: jpegint.h: No such file or directory
tif_ojpeg.c: In function 'OJPEGPreDecode':
tif_ojpeg.c:1414: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
tif_ojpeg.c:1424: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
tif_ojpeg.c:1425: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
tif_ojpeg.c:1426: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
tif_ojpeg.c:1428: error: 'DSTATE_INHEADER' undeclared (first use in this function)
tif_ojpeg.c:1428: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
tif_ojpeg.c:1428: error: for each function it appears in.)
tif_ojpeg.c:1508: error: dereferencing pointer to incomplete type
make[2]: *** [tif_ojpeg.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/gigi/xbmc/linuxport/XBMC/xbmc/lib/cximage-6.0/tiff'
make[1]: *** [tiff/tiff.a] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/gigi/xbmc/linuxport/XBMC/xbmc/lib/cximage-6.0'
make: *** [imagelib] Error 2

I don't know how to proceed for bypassing this error, and I hope you can give me an help.
If you need other infos, I'll be happy to post those.
Thank you for your support, have a nice day.

Luigi.
Looks like you're missing a dependency.
/usr/include/jpeglib.h:1092:55: error: jpegint.h: No such file or directory
BTW, if you get this working, please post your instructions in the wiki. If you'd like to host a binary as well, let us know and we'll link it.
I solved. It was as you say.
I downloaded from here the jpegint.h library.
After that, I put it in /usr/include/ directory and I relaunched make command, whick worked fine.
I'd be surprised if it ran. I think you were missing a library dependency and that's why it couldn't find it.
Well, the configure file gaven't me this dependency error.
I solved obviously some others dependencies in traditionally mode for running it well.
I don't know in what [packaged] library that file is present.
Anyway, now it works and this is important Smile .
You should try to view a jpeg in the picture viewer. You should also post compilation instructions, and perhaps even a binary that we can link to if you're feeling generous.
XBMC is actually really easy to build on Slackware. You really only need to install maybe six additional packages (all of which are available as binaries from Slacky.eu, or as SlackBuilds from SlackBuild.org). The only mildly tricky thing is moving that jpegint.h file to /usr/include, installing automake-1.10 (which has a package, btw), and copying /usr/share/automake-1.10/ylwrap into the goom2k4 directory. Other than that, it's a simple configure, make, and make install.

I'm thinking about building a binary package, but since there are so many dependencies, it could get messy.
yea, but a bet a slackware n00b can't follow the directions you just gave to build it themselves. We'd be happy to link to any binary packages you host as well.
No helpless noobs should be using slackware in the first place Wink
Ok, I built a package for Slackware 12.1. You can get it (and all of non-default dependencies) here:

http://bemcom.com/files/xbmc/

I tested it on one system, and it worked. I make no guarentees!

Cheers,
br00tal