Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Ability to modify Movie Set description within Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This is a minor thing, but maybe something that would be nice to have in a future version of Kodi.  As it is right now, as I understand it, there are two ways to get a description for a Movie Set:
1. Have it in the nfo file for the movie as long as it's the first movie being scanned into that set.
2. Have it get pulled from the scraper as long as it's the first movie being scanned into the set and the scraper results have a set description.

The only way to modify or add a description to an existing set is to delete the set, modify the nfo for one of the movies to add a description to the movie set tag, rescan that movie in, then re-add any other movies to the set.

What I would like to see is a way to add a description to an exiting set within Kodi.  The way I see it working is:
Bring up the context menu on a Movie Set, choose Manage, have an option to Edit Description.

In most cases, using the on-screen keyboard for a full description would of course be impractical, but using a keyboard or copying/pasting from elsewhere using a mouse/remote would still be a lot less hassle than the current way of changing the description.

I'm assuming it's too far along to add this into the upcoming version of Kodi, but maybe for the next one down the line, it might be worth trying.
Maybe you would like to take this for a test drive... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24557
Well, okay then. That looks great and is definitely a nice improvement. Thanks.
(2024-03-24, 01:16)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe you would like to take this for a test drive... https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/24557
@Karellen

Has this been implemented? I tried it using release version 21.0 and couldn't get it to work.
No, it's still open.
(2024-04-11, 15:59)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]No, it's still open.
Thanks. I was just looking at it and saw the open pull request.