Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: remember audio and subtitle settings per show/season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When watching shows with multiple audio and subtitle tracks it is a chore to have to switch to the desired track each episode.

It's also not ideal to have to remux files to reassign certain subtitles and audio tracks as primary. I have a preference for subs while a family member has a preference for dubs and remuxing will only shift this problem to another user.

File naming "forced" would not work as both subtitles and audio streams are embedded in the MKVs

Is it possible to pick an audio stream and subtitle file at the beginning of a season and have that preference remembered and forced for the rest of the season/series? As someone migrating back to Kodi from Jellyfin this is one feature I'm really missing: jellyfin allows you to turn this on in your account preferences and then once you select an audio stream and subtitle track for episode one those are the ones that are then forced for the rest of the series, assuming there are matching ones for the remainder. 

it appears variations on this question have been asked but not much in the way of replies and it hasn't been proposed in a while so I figured I'd throw it out there again. 

https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...o+subtitle - this thread proposed NFO files that allowed dictation of what subs/audio streams would be forced on a per series basis. while this wouldn't be as "seamless" as just remembering what choices I made and continuing to use them this would be a good solution that takes minimal user effort.

thanks!