Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Version Selector question
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:DialogSelect.xml - existing dialog

No changes necessary as the default layout will be used with no changes to the skin. However to allow for custom layouts new Windows ID's were introduced.

I notice in the version selector (the dialog which pops up to list the versions to pick to play when you click on a versioned movie) the movie names in the list do not appear to pay any attention to the version "names" you assigned in the manager.  It appears to list the "original" movie you started with as the name for all of them in the list (you have to look at the path to figure out which movie is which.

Is this something that we, as skinners, are expected to override if we want it to display the version name we assigned to the versions?  or is that a bug which will rectify itself from within the kodi base code if we are just patient?

EDIT:  I'll note that if I have "show versions as folder" option turned on in my settings, in the folder view, it does list the version type names there.

I've also noticed a couple blank dialog labels.  In Estruary, the context menu has a blank option on the top, followed by a "play version using..." option, both of which seem to pop up the "choose version to play" dialog.  I'm not quite sure what the difference between them are, nor where in my skin I can control those context menu labels.

Also, when you select "Rename" in the manager, it brings up a dialog which lets you select the version type (I'm going to rename that button to "Change Version" in my skin).  There's a blank button which appears to let you add a new version type to the list.   What dialog is this using?  And how do I add a label to that button?
(2024-04-14, 09:24)randallspicher Wrote: [ -> ]I notice in the version selector (the dialog which pops up to list the versions to pick to play when you click on a versioned movie) the movie names in the list do not appear to pay any attention to the version "names" you assigned in the manager.  It appears to list the "original" movie you started with as the name for all of them in the list (you have to look at the path to figure out which movie is which.

Is this something that we, as skinners, are expected to override if we want it to display the version name we assigned to the versions?  or is that a bug which will rectify itself from within the kodi base code if we are just patient?
I just checked this myself and you're right it only displays the original name and not the version. Please report this on GitHub so it's tracked.

(2024-04-14, 09:24)randallspicher Wrote: [ -> ]I've also noticed a couple blank dialog labels.  In Estruary, the context menu has a blank option on the top, followed by a "play version using..." option, both of which seem to pop up the "choose version to play" dialog.
This doesn't happen for me using v22 - the top entry is 'Choose version'.

(2024-04-14, 09:24)randallspicher Wrote: [ -> ]Also, when you select "Rename" in the manager, it brings up a dialog which lets you select the version type (I'm going to rename that button to "Choose Version" in my skin).  There's a blank button which appears to let you add a new version type to the list.   What dialog is this using?  And how do I add a label to that button?
It's labelled 'Choose type' for me.

It's the standard DialogSelect.xml and the button is the 'OK (on multiple selection) or Manual/Get More...' button ID=5. No need to add a label as that is handled by core.
I see the version names but you have to use ListItem.VideoVersionName to display that unless I am misunderstanding something...

(2024-04-14, 10:20)mikeSiLVO Wrote: [ -> ]I see the version names but you have to use ListItem.VideoVersionName to display that unless I am misunderstanding something...
randallspicher is referring to the fact that you don't need to change DialogSelect.xml if you don't want to as it will fallback to the default layout. Trouble is you only get the original title when doing this.

Either this is a bug and needs fixing or skins need a custom layout and the default option should be removed.
Sure, you do not need to change the default layout cause it will show some information. However, IMHO the current way it works means you should use the available ListItems to customize it. At least that is my understanding of the info posted and what is currently available to use.

For instance, there is no runtime, resolution, codec, aspect, or audio info if not expressly provided. I guess it is the same for the version name, it is up to the skinner to provide it.
(2024-04-14, 09:24)randallspicher Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:DialogSelect.xml - existing dialog

No changes necessary as the default layout will be used with no changes to the skin. However to allow for custom layouts new Windows ID's were introduced.

I notice in the version selector (the dialog which pops up to list the versions to pick to play when you click on a versioned movie) the movie names in the list do not appear to pay any attention to the version "names" you assigned in the manager.  It appears to list the "original" movie you started with as the name for all of them in the list (you have to look at the path to figure out which movie is which.

EDIT:  I'll note that if I have "show versions as folder" option turned on in my settings, in the folder view, it does list the version type names there.

I've also noticed a couple blank dialog labels.  In Estruary, the context menu has a blank option on the top, followed by a "play version using..." option, both of which seem to pop up the "choose version to play" dialog.  I'm not quite sure what the difference between them are, nor where in my skin I can control those context menu labels.

Also, when you select "Rename" in the manager, it brings up a dialog which lets you select the version type (I'm going to rename that button to "Change Version" in my skin).  There's a blank button which appears to let you add a new version type to the list.   What dialog is this using?  And how do I add a label to that button?

Please double check that you use the official release build of omega, nothing pre release. What i read seems to be caused by some inconsistencies we had during development phase in some nightlies only.
(2024-04-14, 12:50)mikeSiLVO Wrote: [ -> ]For instance, there is no runtime, resolution, codec, aspect, or audio info if not expressly provided. I guess it is the same for the version name, it is up to the skinner to provide it.
But if skin changes are needed then there's no point in having it fallback to using the default select dialog layout.
(2024-04-14, 14:24)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]Please double check that you use the official release build of omega, nothing pre release. What i read seems to be caused by some inconsistencies we had during development phase in some nightlies only.
I'm building off the Omega branch.
Is there some specific tag or commit I should use for testing purposes?
(2024-04-14, 21:35)randallspicher Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-04-14, 14:24)ksooo Wrote: [ -> ]Please double check that you use the official release build of omega, nothing pre release. What i read seems to be caused by some inconsistencies we had during development phase in some nightlies only.
I'm building off the Omega branch.
Is there some specific tag or commit I should use for testing purposes?
And of course you are building latest (!) Omega branch, nothing old?