Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how do I set xmodmap config at startup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have to remap my keys for the Logitech Ultra-x remote. I can do so by using xmodmap. I have tried to set my config in .Xmodmap file in xbmc´s homedirectory like this

Code:
keycode 234 = Escape
This should map my back button on the remote to Escape on the keyboard.

If i run xmodmap manually before starting xbmc it works, like this:
Code:
xmodmap -e "keycode 234=Escape"

The problem is that it doesn´t read the file at x startup. Any ideas?
I did a little more testing.

I created a .Xmodmap in /home/xbmc, though the problem is that it reads the file before X is started and thus it cannot add the config. :/
Can't you just map it differently in Keymap.xml instead of going through xmodmap?

<key id="61620">SomACTION</key> for instance.

In your case:
<key id="234">SomeACTION</key>
Topfs2 Wrote:Can't you just map it differently in Keymap.xml instead of going through xmodmap?

<key id="61620">SomACTION</key> for instance.

In your case:
<key id="234">SomeACTION</key>

Ohh i will try that ASAP, haven't even thought about it, thanks! Smile
Tops is right,

If you can get it too work through keymap.xml it would be better as .Xmodmap is a PITA to get to load with the system. It never sticks, I have tried different options and 100% of the time I have to load it manually every time.

Dave
i added som key ids and i got most of it working with Keymap.xml. Some keys on the remote doesn't get a keycode so i had to use other keys for these functions (example, volumeup, volumedown didn't report a key)