Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [WINDOWS] HOW-TO setup Sony PS3 Bluetooth Remote Control to work with XBMC
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38
NoIP Wrote:I keep getting the
"PS3 Blumote: Settings load error! An error occurred whilst attempting to load settings. A fresh settings files has been created"

i lose all my key mapping every time i restart my computer.

help?

great app by the way
Thanks

Will have a look into this soon. Thanks.

You say "EVERYTIME" you reset your computer...does that mean you have lost them more than once, or are you assuming it would happen again?
I forgot to say is that I put a ps3 blumote shortcut in the start up folder of the start menu. So it opened at boot up then the error popped up and settings.ini was erased. (tried many times)
Thinking the problem originated from ps3blumote being a startup item I tried fixing it by removing the shortcut, restarted the pc, reopened ps3blumote and still got the error!
Finally I removed the sms entry option, opened ps3blumote no error! i put the shortcut back in the starup folder and bingo!
Thanks this works really well , the only issue i have is if the remote is not used for some time and then I try to use it it doesn't work , blumote says its connected and the icon is blue .... i then need to remove the PS3 batteries and put them back(basically reconnect) to get it working again.... any clue why this may be happening ?
Haven't used my PS3 remote for awhile but did anyone figure out how to stop the remote searching for a connection all the time and so stop draining the battery?

Thanks
dude jaks, the issue of that is the focus of most of these posts.

But if im not misstaken, the answer is yes on win xp and win7 32bit and no on win7 64.
ben is still working on that. we just had a major update of the application so check it out.
I'm confused about how to assign the audio volume button. Xbmc uses the + and - keys but this application only shows one button for audio under mappings, which is actually the button next to subtitle. How can I assign the actual volume audio buttons?
ezeus1 Wrote:I'm confused about how to assign the audio volume button. Xbmc uses the + and - keys but this application only shows one button for audio under mappings, which is actually the button next to subtitle. How can I assign the actual volume audio buttons?

If you look at your actual remote you will see that there are no buttons on it for volume. You need to decide which buttons you want to use for volume (for example you could use the two slowstep buttons at the bottom: step_back and step_forward) and then assign the Volume_Up and Volume_Down to those buttons.
Looks like they came out with a new version. The software was written for an older remote. Maybe they have simply remapped the keys somehow so if you look at the logs you might be able to figure out which button the program thinks is being pressed when you press the volume key and then map accordingly.

otherwise if you want the software to be updated you may want to check out the source code yourself, or you could offer to buy the developer the new remote and they might make a new version.

It looks like the new version can switch modes... interesting. I guess they beefed this up to better support netflix etc.
Thanks, I'll take a look at the logs for now
Wauw, thats a nice upgrade, having looked at it for a moment i believe this remote has some additional buttons besides the original once, so i figure you should be able to use the blumote using the original keys. (please let us know if this is correct)

also this remote comes with an IR Led. but im am not sure about the abilitie to program it for other brands.equipment. I did get the feeling this Remote shuts down by itself in order to save battery power... because you can use it without ps3..
sIRwa2 Wrote:Wauw, thats a nice upgrade, having looked at it for a moment i believe this remote has some additional buttons besides the original once, so i figure you should be able to use the blumote using the original keys. (please let us know if this is correct)

also this remote comes with an IR Led. but im am not sure about the abilitie to program it for other brands.equipment. I did get the feeling this Remote shuts down by itself in order to save battery power... because you can use it without ps3..

It works using blumote and the original keys although some of the extra buttons don't work. I'm not sure about the power, but I got a used one with used batteries and in the couple of weeks I've had it the batteries haven't gone dead yet. It comes with codes to program the IR with your equipment, though for me there wasn't a code that worked with my TV.
ezeus1 Wrote:It works using blumote and the original keys although some of the extra buttons don't work. I'm not sure about the power, but I got a used one with used batteries and in the couple of weeks I've had it the batteries haven't gone dead yet. It comes with codes to program the IR with your equipment, though for me there wasn't a code that worked with my TV.

Sounds like a pretty good deal. It might be that the new buttons only send IR anyway, and are intended only for your other equipment that you programmed codes for.
jitterjames Wrote:Sounds like a pretty good deal. It might be that the new buttons only send IR anyway, and are intended only for your other equipment that you programmed codes for.

Actually those buttons on the new PS3 remote do send out Bluetooth signals. RedsGT over at the EventGhost forum PS3 Plugin thread had added the new buttons in the plugins already.

http://www.eventghost.net/forum/viewtopi...&start=165
hey guys, this is kind of a cross post, but i had setup the ps3bluemote and usb dongle/ps3 remote fine and everything was working great. i left things on for a day and came back and nothing works now. i changed out the batteries to the ps3 remote and paired/repaired things several times. it is connected under devices. however, with the ps3bluemote app still shows that the remote is not connected.

when i first repair the device the bluemote app will show connected for a split second then disconnected again. can someone help me with this? thank you.

looks like the ps3 remote is now recognized as a keyboard and not a "game controller" when i press the remote it'll hit random keys in windows. for instance the number 1 on the ps3 remote will type "eh" as a keyboard.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38