Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Backup XBMC Live USB in windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Guys

Is there a way to backup/restore the XBMC Live USB in windows or even in xbmc kernel mode ...

Everynow and then xbmc croaks .. and its a hassle to restore fresh from CD since i have to edit multiple files to get my confs right etc

It would be easier if i could restore from a backup (not just userdata but everything including the OS)

Anyway to create a ISO i guess Huh
I use Clonezilla, free open source backup @

http://www.clonezilla.org/
save all the img file and you will be done, unless you won't be able to boot any more from the flash drive; in this last case a rebuild is due, but you can then restore your last known good files on the brand new build.
What files do I need to copy if I only want a backup from the basic configuration (sources, region, appearance, any custom settings within XBMC)?

Is there a (or some) file holding all these info, or this type of "backup" is not possible?
l.capriotti Wrote:save all the img file and you will be done, unless you won't be able to boot any more from the flash drive; in this last case a rebuild is due, but you can then restore your last known good files on the brand new build.

Could you please tell, which img. files contain the configs and libraries?
all changes you may have made to the base filesystem are stored in ext3fs.img..
l.capriotti Wrote:all changes you may have made to the base filesystem are stored in ext3fs.img..

thanx again Wink