Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: how to make lyrics work under linux
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
i noticed this skin makes the lyrics button point to Q: (which under linux is xbmc installation path, so, in PPA, /usr/share/xbmc) and it makes lyrics not work if MediaStream is installed under ~/.xbmc/skin

to make the button work i had to change the instances of Q:\skin\MediaStream\extras\Lyrics Plugin to U:\skin\MediaStream\extras\Lyrics Plugin (which under linux points to home folder)... would it be possible to change it in the original skin, as U: and Q: point to the same dir under win, as far as i can see, or make the lyrics folder a setting, as it is under PM3.HD?

thanks
just downloaded 0.94 and had to change letter again in Includes.xml... am i the only one having this problem? Smile
Does that mean that the lyrics button works for nobody under linux? I only just tried this feature today (with the newest PPA and .94) and it caused a system lockup, despite showing the lyrics window with song title and no lyrics (the song kept on playing tho).

Could anyone advise if this is a Mediastream, XBMC or other bug?
no, all could happen if you installed the skin under home instead of using it 'standalone' or putting the skin under /usr/share is that the lyrics don't start, as the program is trying to launch a python which is not there
your problem is somewhere else, try to look at the logs
again with 0.95... will lyrics path ever be a setting?

am i really the only one with this kind of problem? Smile
Yep, will make it a setting for the next release.

Sorry, had meant to do it for this release Confused
Thought about this a bit more and have decided to change the hard-coded path from Q: to U: as if I made it a setting then everyone would have to set a path before it would work (I can't think of a way of defaulting the setting, which would only run once, to be the correct path)

Hopefully it should now work for everyone
skunkm0nkee Wrote:Yep, will make it a setting for the next release.

Sorry, had meant to do it for this release Confused

Thanks!

Looking forward to next release.

Keep up the good job!

/O
yes, thanks again for the good skin... btw, i'm not so used to xml, but can't you use a fallback for the string? if i set something that's it, else take Q or U or whatever... this would help in using the current lyrics script from svn without having to copy it in 'extras' folder