Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HTTPAPI missing HTTP headers?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi -

I am running XBMC for Windows / Atlantis Beta 2

I have started to play around with the HTTPAPI ... My goal is to remote control XBMC from my Blackberry 9000 over Wifi (using a web page).
However, I have run into some strange issues: When I try to invoke any HTTPAPI function (e.g. /xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetCurrentPlaylist) from the Blackberry Browser I receive the following error:
"HTTP Error 0: An error occurred while communicating with the origin server. Please try again."

On the other hand I have no problems opening a html page located in the XBMC/web directory (e.g. http://xbox/test.htm)

Looking at the HTTP Headers, I have noticed that the API does not return any response headers:

Code:
+++GET 554+++
GET /xbmcCmds/xbmcHttp?command=GetCurrentPlaylist HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: de
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Host: 192.168.123.155
Pragma: no-cache
Connection: keep-alive

+++RESP 554+++
[color=red]HTTP/1.1 200 (No headers)
Server: Unknown, missing HTTP headers[/color]
+++CLOSE 554+++

However, I do get proper headers when I open the HTML file:

Code:
+++GET 555+++
GET /test.htm HTTP/1.1
Accept: */*
Accept-Language: de
Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate
User-Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 7.0; Windows NT 5.1; .NET CLR 2.0.50727)
Host: 192.168.123.155
Connection: keep-alive

+++RESP 555+++
[color=red]HTTP/1.1 200 OK
Date: Sat Oct 11 13:24:58 2008
Server: GoAhead-Webs
Last-modified: Sat Oct 11 11:39:54 2008
Content-length: 7730
Content-type: text/html[/color]
+++CLOSE 555+++

I am not 100% sure, but I am wondering if the missing headers are preventing the Blackberry Browser from loading the API function properly.

So my question is: Is it intentional that there are no headers, or is this a bug?

Thank you!
This isn't actually a bug but just a shortcut - I haven't come across a client that complains about the lack of headers before.

You could try using the httpapi command SetResponseFormat(Header;fill_in_what_your_client_wants_here)
nad Wrote:This isn't actually a bug but just a shortcut - I haven't come across a client that complains about the lack of headers before.

You could try using the httpapi command SetResponseFormat(Header;fill_in_what_your_client_wants_here)

Ahh, thank you for pointing me in the right direction!

It was actually SetResponseFormat(WebHeader;True) that fixed my problem. I had it set to 'False' initially because I misread the documentation. Setting it to 'True' adds the correct HTTP Headers to the response.

The Blackberry Browser now handles all requests correctly.

Again, thank you Big Grin
Okay, sorry, but I still think this is a bug.

When I set SetResponseFormat(WebHeader;True) then the server adds the <html> tag to the top of the response for all requests.
Similarly, when I set SetResponseFormat(WebFooter;True), I get the </html> tag at the bottom.

So far so good.

Question is: Why does it also toggle the the HTTP headers (e.g. Content-type: text/html; see above) along with the <html> tags?

Sorry, but that somehow makes no sense to me. Any idea?

Thank you!