Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: core dump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi

Im having a problem with xbmc core-dumping on startup. When starting it opens a window for few seconds which is closed and core file is dumped. The following line is printed out 16 times:
libGL warning: 3D driver claims to not support visual 0x22
This is printed also when I run glxgears or other applications that use openGL.

Here is some other info that I understand is usefull:
Linux-distro: Ubuntu 7.10
Kernel-version: 2.6.22-14-generic
Architecture: i686
Hardware: Via sp13000g mainboard, Via VIA UniChrome graphics device (CN400 chipset)
Debug-log: http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=m4f412c2a
Backtrace: http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=m3c14c33e

I dont know the xbmc version since the only way I found to tell is to start xbmc, which Im unable to do. But it was downloaded (binaries) on the 10. October.

Im running Ubuntu 7.10 because I was unable to install the graphics driver with 8.04.

Also, anyone else tried to run xbmc with this hardware?

Best regards,
Erlend
We don't support VIA gfx. You'll need Intel, Nvidia or ATI.
OK, I got the impression from the hardware requirements section in the faq that the only requirement was OpenGL support. Alltough Nvidia or Intel was recomended it did not say these where the only ones supported.

So I guess the core dump is OK then?
I have the same problem, when is start XBMC it pops up a window and everything looks good. It will stay running until i move the mouse over it at which point it crashes. If I run it from a terminal it says:

Failed to open connection to session message bus: Failed to execute dbus-launch to autolaunch D-Bus session
/usr/share/xbmc/xbmc-xrandr: cannot find mode 0x9b
Segmentation fault (core dumped)

I am running Kubuntu 8.04 on a Dell Inspiron 1526 (AMD Turion64) with Radeon Graphics card.

Any ideas ?
ev77: Via's gfx drivers don't support enough of OpenGL for XBMC

jmroed: Make sure you have the "Restricted" ATI driver installed and running. If you still have problems after that, pastebin a debug log.