Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: 8500GT and Xbmc
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Im getting crazy trying to configure my onboard ati radeon HD 3200. It just wont work! Now i need to reinstall the entire system, because i messed up.
Thinking of forgetting all about ati, and going for a geforce graphic card instead.
And since my patience is running low:
Is this a good video card option for Ubuntu 8.04 + Xbmc? I will use it to play 1080p content.
Leadtek GeForce 8500GT 256MB DDR2

I cant find many cards with a hdmi out, so if you can recommend a bether one, please feel free to do so Smile

Best regards,

Stefan

Edit:
I found another card that might work. Bether or worse option?
Sparkle Geforce 9500GT DisplayPort Passive 512MB
That card should do the job. 1080p decoding is all done on the processor at the moment, so as long as you have a decent video card that supports OpenGL 2.0 (I believe that one does) then you only need to worry about the processor for 1080p.

Eventually the plan is to get GPU decoding working, in which case I think you're also safe with the 8500GT.
stew, i own this card: MSI NX8500GT-MTD256EH

works perfectly fine, plus it has HDMI out, and it's passively cooled, perfect for a silent HTPC.

boba
I suspect boba23 is using the same card but if not check the one in my sig, works well for me. Passive and HDMI out...

Edit: yup, same card - NewEgg linky in my sig Wink
I'm using a MSI NX8500GT-MTD256EH after getting frustrated with my onboard ATI 3200HD as well. It was well worth the $ to not have to deal with the shitty ATI drivers anymore.