Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Apple TV] Frame forward while paused functionality?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just picked up an ATV for XBMC as my xbox was getting a bit old.

Everything has been working great except that I can no longer pause and move forward frame-by-frame.

On an Xbox, you could press the pause button, then the right arrow to do this. The right arrow by default is bound to the skipforward function (i believe).

However when I pause and skipforward on my ATV, nothing happens. When I un-pause, then the movie skips forward 1% and does not frame-forward.

Is this a limitation of the current build, or is there a keybinding I'm missing that I can easily add?

Thanks for any help!
If you still have access to the Xbox, try playing a file with DVDplayer (via context menu) and see if it is available there.
DVDplayer is the only player in all other ports but the Xbox port.
My xbox is currently out of my hands, though I'll try that in a few weeks when I can get it back.

It does sound like the different player software would cause the differences in pausing/frame stepping I've found. Its no big deal, though if anyone finds a way to step frames forward or back, be sure to let me know Smile