Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MCE Remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
is there a simple way of getting the MCE Remote working within XBMC for linux?
Yes in live version it works w/o problem
Well, for me it was a matter of installing lirc and that was it.

I think it's one of the remotes that come configured out of the box with a regular XBMC install.

Obviously you then have the option to fine tailor the keys assignments.
ashlar Wrote:Well, for me it was a matter of installing lirc and that was it.

I think it's one of the remotes that come configured out of the box with a regular XBMC install.

Obviously you then have the option to fine tailor the keys assignments.

Thanks for the replys. I installed Lirc via the terminal. but not sure if it works - does Lirc recognise the MCE controller then. I would use the live xbmc however i have other issues with that! i have fixed most of the issues i had with linux and xbmc just need to get the remote working now!
eddtr1 Wrote:Thanks for the replys. I installed Lirc via the terminal. but not sure if it works - does Lirc recognise the MCE controller then. I would use the live xbmc however i have other issues with that! i have fixed most of the issues i had with linux and xbmc just need to get the remote working now!
From the terminal, you should issue the command irw and check whether the MCE remote commands are recognized.