Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Reorganizing Music Database
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
what does the reorganize music database do. it cleans up the cached music file database?
i did it this weekend and besided taking ages (i guess that is a good thing, meaning more music Image ) it gave the same error message a couple of times during scanning.
can't really recall the error. (i should have written it down) it was something like ns_file-not-found? and i had to press okay.
(dont have the log anymore, i updated my cvs, used 15-05)

what happened then? did it find obsolete data and do i have to confirm deletion.

and what does it actually do? does it speed up the database searching, is it actually usefull? or merely decreases the filesize of the music database?

thanks
reorganize music database does the following:

1. deletes songs from the database that no longer exist
2. add new files to the database found in a previously scanned directory
3. re-reads tag information and id3 album art from existing files
4. compress database to free unused space in the database file

greets

bobbin007
thanks bobbin,

and what about the error messages? or any error messages, where those bugs? (i will try to see if i can recreate them) or is it normal that that happens.

i have added it the wikki manual, could you please check if i made any mistakes for this work in progress

http://manual.xboxmediacenter.de/wakka.p....mp;v=zx

cheers Smile
thanks for editing the wiki. Image nothing to add from my side Smile

about the error messages. they are no bugs, i think. Smile if you could reproduce the messages i can say more. what share do you use for your music files, smb?

greets

bobbin007
i use samba, i do "a reorganize" again tonight and i will see what happens. i will let you know.

i see that i encouraged you to create a wiki account as well.  :d