Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DVD, CD files with AVI, MPG, and other -- not work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why i can't view DVD and CD files on my Linux XBMC?

From HDD all files work fine... but from CD, DVD - not Sad

Sorry I duplicate this team on XBMC Live forum - but all ignore my question....

For my very important view my BIG Media Library - it's DVD ISO and CD-ISO or DVD-UDF disk's with many diffrent files format.

I found XBMC - and it good, nice project, but only for DVD-format disks?
UDF isnt supported in XBMC SDL ports but a workaround in Linux/Live is in place which will be available in the next release.
Also linux (and the rest?) have a bugg concerning really big iso9660 DVDs.

Basicly XBMCs optical support is rather unfinished and its because much of it is written by team-xbmc for xbmc so we dont leverage underlying OS as we might should (The UDF fix is a OS workaround)

Hope this answered your question?

Cheers,
Tobias
SORRY but i want make sure than i all right understand

I insert disk with 10 avi files - my linux ( ubuntu 8.04 ) see this disk. And i can view with mplayer or VLC this files from DVD-ISO or CD-ISO and DVD-UDF --- but i can't view it from XBMCHuh

XBMC also see all files in disk - only can't play it - ignore play commands...
I cant answer with ISOs but it might be buggy aswell, havent tried it lately.

UDF-DVDs will work in next release as I said, doesnt now. You can build XBMC from source if you want to try it out. otherwise wait for next release (should be less than a week away)

The best thing you can do is make a bugreport and usually by posting the files needed to recreate it aswell, if you can burn a new CD with smaller example avis and the problem persists you could post that one.
xbmc.org/trac to post a ticket and give this information:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=34655

But on a iso9660 Im able to play videos (from CD/DVD, dont know about iso) and in svn I can do the same with UDF.

Cheers,
Tobias
All Problem with Disk Solved if I Add Source ("/media") - in XBMC-Live or Add Source ("/cdrom") - in XBMC Linux, but on Windows version I still can't view Disks (it try to go on ....\Documents and Settings\...\temp\ - when I choose DVD-Drive), but I want to use xbmc-live or linux -- not Windows version. And it not necessity for me. On Live version when I insert media in drive - it's mount automatically, and I going to Source "media" - and view all diffrent format ( AVI, MKV, MPG, and other ), but directly from disk it is not work.
In Linux version Disks not mount automatically, but it is not big problem and can be set in system...

Sorry for my English...