Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: themoviedb.org (TMDb) site needs Movie FanArt for...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Please create FanArt for the following movies:

Thank you in advance!
Hi,

I'd like to make a request for 2007 film Shanghai Kiss. Here is IMDB link.

Thanks
someone sure is uploading shit quality backgrounds! Angry
the size requirements dont mean you can upscale 800x600 image and be happy with it.
better no fan-art then crappy quality
blaize Wrote:someone sure is uploading shit quality backgrounds! Angry
the size requirements dont mean you can upscale 800x600 image and be happy with it.
better no fan-art then crappy quality

That wasn't a 800 x 600 image up-scaled! Sheesh..... I think it was a 320 x 240 thumbnail instead Big Grin

All I can make out is that It was uploaded by someone using Cricket Communications as their ISP from Peoria, Arizona.
Where do you guys get the covers from. I will help out posting covers to the movies that are missing them or add to ones that have one cover or so but I need a site that has them in the resolutions needed.

Any help will be great, oh and it has to be free since I found a couple but you have to pay for.

Thanks
Here are a few that I have bookmarked. On the pay ones, sometimes the free version to DL is pretty good quality. I usually check a few of them, and try to find the best one.

http://www.allcdcovers.com/search/movies...in%20ron/1

http://getvideoartwork.com/index.php?act..._itemId=29

http://r1db.com/

Pay covers, but many times the Free version is pretty good quality
http://www.freecovers.net/search.php?sea...1&x=15&y=8

Use as a last resort, as the cover scans are usually pretty crappy:
http://www.cdcovers.cc/list/dvd/d

If anyone has any more sites, please post em up!
boxterduke Wrote:Where do you guys get the covers from. I will help out posting covers to the movies that are missing them or add to ones that have one cover or so but I need a site that has them in the resolutions needed.

Any help will be great, oh and it has to be free since I found a couple but you have to pay for.

Thanks

Google is also your friend, especially for fanart. Check the official moviesites for wallpapers and gallery sites to the main actors. Wink
And impawards.com for posters.
If you guys are noticing shit images on TMDB, go to their forums and post in the "Site Improvements" area with a message saying "PLEASE FIND WHO'S DOING THIS." with a link to the image in question.

Since we were having an issue with one person uploading mad scans from Freecovers and calling them fanart, a system has been implemented to track who uploads what. If they continue to upload crap, they can be removed.

And since I'm on the subject, here are some guidelines to anybody who may be considering uploading to TMDB...

1. Posting a scan of a DVD cover does not constitute artwork. Nor does taking a desktop wallpaper from the movie's fansite and not even bothering to remove the text/copyright logo/etc.

2. If you just read "remove text from an image" and haven't the faintest inkling of how you would go about doing that...then there's a good chance you have no business making fanart. This isn't meant to be rude or insulting. I'm just saying...if you don't know how to swim, stay the F*** out of the water. It only makes more work for the the staff at TMDB.

3. Fanart should be at MINIMUM 1280x720, 1920x1080 preferred. Like was previously stated, do NOT take an 800x600 image and try to stretch it. Hell, I wouldn't even take a 1024x760 image and stretch it. Google Image search for "Large Images" or "Extra Large Images".

http://www.movieposterdb.com is an excellent site for HIGH-rez images. If you can't find a poster there, odds are they don't have one.

As I'm not free to do backdrops lately, anybody who KNOWS how to do backdrops can PM me for my login info @ movieposterdb. I've still got a few credits that can be used to help the community.

4. If you can't find a good source image...DON'T MAKE ANYTHING. It's that simple. I've not had fanart for the movie "8 Heads In a Duffel Bag" for months because of this rule. Having no art is still better than having some upscaled, artifacted, blurry POS on the screen.

5. Screenshots are sometimes the only way to get fanart. This only counts if the source video is good enough to yield one. Use your discretion. If the image is too small...then the image is too small. Upscaling probably won't help the problem.

So...do we see an underlying theme here?
digitalhigh Wrote:So...do we see an underlying theme here?

Yes, frustration. Laugh

I usually don't report crappy images unless there are better ones available. Just adding them to my to-do pile. Nerd
Does anyone else not like having their fanart and thumbnail to be using the same graphic? I mean, if a fanart is made from a high-rez poster and uploaded does anybody like using both the thumbnail and fanart even though they are the same?
it bugs me, yeah. I think it should be avoided when at all possible
Yeah, i was wondering because sometimes (well, a lot of the time actually) the poster and the thumbnail are the same....So i wanted to know in this situation is it bad manners to request fanart for that movie, even though it technically has a suitable fanart?
ethan_9219 Wrote:Yeah, i was wondering because sometimes (well, a lot of the time actually) the poster and the thumbnail are the same....So i wanted to know in this situation is it bad manners to request fanart for that movie, even though it technically has a suitable fanart?

I know that personally, if I upload a backdrop based on a poster, I will make sure to upload another poster that is different for the exact reasons you're talking about.

But no, it's not bad manners. Just make sure to say "This one has a fanart that matches the poster, that's why I'm asking for another.", otherwise somebody will be quick to point out that "Movie X" already has fanart. Wink
@digitalhigh....Okay, thanks for the info.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20