Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Atlantis+1?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a new Aopen XC mini MP45-DR and thought it would be a perfect fit for XBMC Live, but alas the GM45 chipset is not supported yet as it will pass the splash screen but then will sit forever with a flashing cursor at the top left of the screen. Anyway, I read in other posts that the chipset will not be supported until Atlantis+1. What is Atlantis+1 in relation to the current version? Just trying to figure out if it is the next release or some other nomenclature.

Thanks.
It means it will eventually be supported.

Here's the Roadmap http://trac.xbmc.org/roadmap

Atlantis+1 refers to the 9.04 release. So support should come anytime between Atlantis gold and whenever Atlantis+1 goes into feature freeze.
in the roadmap:

Atlantis Gold (Final) Release
Estimated release date: Between the 14th and 31st of October 2008

when you refresh the roadmap?
Wink
When its done Wink
So will Atlantis still be 8.10, or will it be renumber 8.11 or 8.12, or even 9.x?
It will be 8.10 - I just created the branch in fact. We aimed for October, but as a lot of us have been away or busy over the weekend, we had to delay by a bit. There was also the intrepid building problem to work through, which I think has now been sorted.

In any case, we've branched now so it shouldn't be too long before releases are available. There's some workarounds to go in for Vista users, but that's about it.
jmarshall Wrote:It will be 8.10 - I just created the branch in fact. We aimed for October, but as a lot of us have been away or busy over the weekend, we had to delay by a bit. There was also the intrepid building problem to work through, which I think has now been sorted.

In any case, we've branched now so it shouldn't be too long before releases are available. There's some workarounds to go in for Vista users, but that's about it.

So, XBMC Atlantis will support Intel G45 chipset ? I understand that Ubuntu 8.10 supports it.
mdalacu Wrote:So, XBMC Atlantis will support Intel G45 chipset ? I understand that Ubuntu 8.10 supports it.

XBMC Live will be based on 8.04 as XBMC Currently runs best on it.
color me confused.

jmarshall says 8.10 and Topfs2 says 8.04.

Which is it?
XBMC Live (CD/USB) will have an underlying operating system of ubuntu 8.04. XBMC itself (Live or otherwise) is version 8.10.

Note the difference between the version of the OS (in the case of XBMC Live, it ships with Ubuntu Hardy) and the version of XBMC itself.
Thanks for the clarification.