Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Need help...library view doesn't work
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello-
Recently set up ATV with Atlantis Beta 2. I can see all my movies in file view and they all play perfectly but I can't get library view to work. Library is dimmed and not selectable. I used XBMC companion to prepare thumbnails etc. Any thoughts...?
My limited dabbling suggests you need to set the content type for a folder using the contextual menu, and when the folder is scanned library then becames selectable.

I think I'm confused or have confused XBMC as I'm having difficulty getting settings to 'stick' and have also accidentally scraped images for my genre subfolders which I can't get rid off.

I've had more success manually adding thumbs to folders than by scraping, but I guess I must be doing it all incorrectly.
Still can't figure it out today
Just to be clear on what I've done and tried

So I can view all movies in file view mode, when I open the movie folder the thumbnail pops up and the movie is played.
The Library view button is viewable (faded out) but cannot be activated

I've already set content to movies, tried switching skins (media stream) skin...any other ideas

Thanks in advance
You need to set content and then scan.
I've scanned for new content, it indicates that it is compressing database (remember I used XBMC media companion to get nfo files for all movies), and thumbnails show up (extremely small image next to file)

Thanks

As an aside
did patchstick update but never did any configuration, then screwed up and updated from ATV 2.1 to 2.2 rendering XBMC void, did factory restore and then patchsticked again and here we are
sorry...bump...hoping for some more thoughts
I just helped my neighbor install xbmc on his atv as well, and he's having this problem. Library works fine on my atv, but can't get it to work on his. Anyone else having this problem where Library Mode is greyed out?
Because you haven't got anything in the library. Set content. Scan.
We seem to get this a lot. Maybe a dialog would be a better approach than disabling the button?
jmarshall Wrote:Because you haven't got anything in the library. Set content. Scan.

Library is enabled in settings. Content type of the folder is set to television. It's set to look up against thetvdb.com. There is a single file in the folder: 30.Rock.S03E07.HDTV.XVid-LOL.avi which plays fine from file mode. When I scan the folder, it doesn't find the file and immediately goes to "compression database". Library mode is grayed out and can't be selected.
I just went and read the thread Sho linked. Problem may be that the file isn't in a show folder - it's right in the root of the television folder. I'm at home now, but will go over there tomorrow and look at it again (it's my neighbor's atv -- mine works fine).
Sometimes I have problems adding tv shows. For example I could have 5 in and download another 1 and it won't pick it up. Yet, adding a movie will work. I end up having to delete the folder that library mode has and it will rescan in the whole series.

Only seems to be with tv shows.
nmrs Wrote:I just went and read the thread Sho linked. Problem may be that the file isn't in a show folder - it's right in the root of the television folder. I'm at home now, but will go over there tomorrow and look at it again (it's my neighbor's atv -- mine works fine).
That is almost certainly your problem.
I think I probably have the same problem. I'm about to rework my directory structure for my TV show and see if that fixes it.

Why can't XBMC just read each file in a directory of mixed TV shows and create a library index from that?
Pages: 1 2