Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: keymapping problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
From my logitech ultra-x media remote i got a lot of messages in the log like these, can they be mapped to a function in xbmc?

19:17:56 T:3067819872 M:1490739200 DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c101_noserial_if1_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | volume-up
19:17:57 T:3067819872 M:1490739200 DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c101_noserial_if1_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | mute
19:19:35 T:3067819872 M:1490739200 DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c101_noserial_if1_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | next-song
19:19:36 T:3067819872 M:1490821120 DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c101_noserial_if1_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | previous-song

I have tested to add something like this in my Keymap.xml but it doesn't work:

<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<volume-up>VolumeUp</volume-up>
<volume-down>VolumeDown</volume-down>
<mute>Mute</mute>
</keyboard>
</global>
</keymap>
For start use irw to know ur remote code name and after it correct lirkmap.xml in /usr/share/xbmc
and u need to change remote section ofkeymap.xml
BAG_Ass Wrote:For start use irw to know ur remote code name and after it correct lirkmap.xml in /usr/share/xbmc
and u need to change remote section ofkeymap.xml

It isn't a IR remote, it uses radio. All other maps i have used with the buttons working (eg the number buttons) maps directly to keyboard presses. They work and looks like this in my config:

<key id="61537">PreviousMenu</key>
Sorry. Never use radio in linux but always think it full support wired keyboard.
Ordinary ps/2 keyboard works with this in global section of keymap
<keyboard>
<p>Play</p>
<two>Queue</two>
<f>FastForward</f>
<r>Rewind</r>
<left>Left</left>
<right>Right</right>
<up>Up</up>
<down>Down</down>
<pageup>PageUp</pageup>
<pagedown>PageDown</pagedown>
<return>Select</return>
<backspace>ParentDir</backspace>
<m>ActivateWindow(PlayerControls)</m>
<s>ActivateWindow(shutdownmenu)</s>
<escape>PreviousMenu</escape>
<i>Info</i>
<a>ContextMenu</a>
<space>Pause</space>
<x>Stop</x>
<y>SkipNext</y>
<w>SkipPrevious</w>
<tab>FullScreen</tab>
<minus>VolumeDown</minus>
<plus>VolumeUp</plus>
<z>Mute</z>
<zero>Number0</zero>
<one>Number1</one>
<three>Number3</three>
<four>Number4</four>
<five>Number5</five>
<six>Number6</six>
<seven>Number7</seven>
<eight>Number8</eight>
<nine>Number9</nine>
<n>Playlist</n>
<l>AudioNextLanguage</l>
</keyboard>
Just try - it should work
What i meant was some of my remote keys work in the keyboardsettings in Keymap.xml. Those who are working report an onkey event. Those that i haven't been able to map reports like those in my first post.

I have found some other that has the same problem (often reports similiar with special keys on some keyboards)

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=234264

according to this i cant't get them to work until "it's patched"
So...
Sorry i don`t understand.
What i mean is, some of my buttons on my remote works. Those that do reports an onkey in the xbmc log

This is my Keymap.xml
Code:
<keymap>
<global>
<keyboard>
<key id="61476">FullScreen</key>
<key id="61566">Info</key>
<key id="65455">StepForward</key>
<key id="61537">PreviousMenu</key>
<key id="61538">VolumeDown</key>
<key id="61539">VolumeUp</key>
<key id="61543">BigStepBack</key>
<key id="61544">BigStepForward</key>
<key id="61541">AspectRatio</key>
<key id="61540">Stop</key>
<key id="61486">PreviousMenu</key>
</global>
</keymap>
This are buttons 0-9 on the remote. These buttons are working and generating events in the log, like this:
Code:
19:15:52 T:3067819872 M:1501503488   DEBUG: OnKey: 61544 pressed, action is 0

All other buttons like pause, next and so on, only generates these errors:
Code:
19:19:01 T:3067819872 M:1490821120   DEBUG: HAL: Device (/org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/usb_device_46d_c101_noserial_if1_logicaldev_input) Condition ButtonPressed | rewind
Hi
I'm also having this same problem with a USB CyberLink Remote, its a remote keyboard not a remote control.... same situation as you are in I'm seeing the same ButtonPressed message
Did you find a solution?
Andrewishy Wrote:Hi
I'm also having this same problem with a USB CyberLink Remote, its a remote keyboard not a remote control.... same situation as you are in I'm seeing the same ButtonPressed message
Did you find a solution?

No nothing. I have tried a bunch of possible solutions but none of them have worked Sad