Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Original XBOX remote under Vista (patched XBCDRC)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all!
I made some modifications to the XBCDRC utility so it now works under Vista (32bit).
Settings are for default keymap.xml, you'll have to modify it as needed.

XBCDRCv029.exe on MediaFire
can you explain how to get this working please? I have tried 3 or 4 times but just cant seem to get the driver installed correctly.

To clarify, the xbcdrc.inf seems to be installed to windows\inf, so when I'm prompted to install driver, I navigate to that folder and let it do it's thing. However, I get the error " Windows was unable to install your Unknown Device. Windows could not find driver software for your device."

Do I need the regular xbcd application as well as this one?

thanks
Hi, Danzig,

I see you were able to modify the source code for the XBCDRC to allow it to work in Vista. I don't know if this is possible, but can it be programmed to allow a "Wake On USB" function to allow the remote to activate an HTPC setup out of sleep mode. I'm assuming that the HID USB receiver driver needs to modified/programmed to do that.

Just curious......I don't have a problem pressing the button to get turn on my XBMC HTPC, but that function would be nice.

Thanks.
will someone please patch the driver to work on vista x64?
mzsurvey2000 Wrote:Hi, Danzig,

I see you were able to modify the source code for the XBCDRC to allow it to work in Vista. I don't know if this is possible, but can it be programmed to allow a "Wake On USB" function to allow the remote to activate an HTPC setup out of sleep mode. I'm assuming that the HID USB receiver driver needs to modified/programmed to do that.

Just curious......I don't have a problem pressing the button to get turn on my XBMC HTPC, but that function would be nice.

Thanks.

I'd like to see this with Wake-on-USB as well. My BIOS detects it and it gets power when the system is off, but I can't tell windoze to allow it to bring the comp out of standby. There should be a power settings tab for it under control panel.
Unfortunately this doesn't work for me.

I'm running Vista x86 Ultimate with full updates and the driver install fails each time.

I've tried to right-click the inf file too, but I get a "INF file does not support this method of installation" error.

Is anyone else having this problem?

I've gone into device manager and can see "unknown device". So I try to manually install the driver but it says "windows could not find the driver".

I've checked in system32 folder as well and I can see xbcdrc.sys in their.

Anyone have any suggestions?
digitalhigh Wrote:I'd like to see this with Wake-on-USB as well. My BIOS detects it and it gets power when the system is off, but I can't tell windoze to allow it to bring the comp out of standby. There should be a power settings tab for it under control panel.

Yeah ditto - I wake mine up using a wireless keyboard and then once it's awake go back to using the Xbox remote - it's janky, but until RedCl0ud or some enterprising other soul tweaks the driver (may have to be us!) then I can't get that option enabled.

I'm off to figure out if we can get away with tweaking the inf or whether the driver needs changing ;-)

If we're really lucky it may just be a reg change
Did anyone get the wake on USB working with the original xbox remote?