Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Focus - Alpha 6c released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
o_dog Wrote:any progress on the sluggish performance in fileview? Tried it on 3 diffrent computers with diffrent HW and they all react the same.

neurosis13 Wrote:i have the same problem.
It works with the other skins.

jalesm Wrote:I just want to add I have the same problem, but only when I use list view. The icon views view are very responsive, which is really weird since it seems like it should be other way around.

I am pretty sure I have found the cause for the bad performance in list view. Expect a fix sometime next week.

MrTourettes Wrote:Hi just read through the whole thread and have a question that was not asked ( I do not think anyway ).

In my music section I use Icon display. What I have noticed is that the main display image overlays the library images. Is there anyway to have the screen seperated so you have all the library images on one side and the actual selected image on the other. I have posted 2 screen shots showing roughly what I mean.

Hope these explain what I mean.

Also From what I have read there is currently no fanart on the main menu screen that is correct isnt it?

Actually the big selected image is not meant to be there at all, it should just display the icons. I will fix that as well. Thanks for adressing it Smile
Jeroen Wrote:Actually the big selected image is not meant to be there at all, it should just display the icons. I will fix that as well. Thanks for adressing it Smile

I actually like that big image there is there any chance of having it stay?
Jeroen Wrote:I am pretty sure I have found the cause for the bad performance in list view. Expect a fix sometime next week.

Hi Jeroen.....any update on this?
Aenima99x Wrote:Hi Jeroen.....any update on this?

Hi, sorry for the delay I haven´t got around to completing it. I hope to do that this week but I´ll just say ASAP Wink

MrTourettes Wrote:I actually like that big image there is there any chance of having it stay?

I´m not planning to no, sorry
Unsure if this has been mentioned in this thread so sorry if it has.

Have you considered adding the movie details on the movie browsing screens? When I say movie details I mean images for 720p 1080p DTS, etc etc.
MrTourettes Wrote:Unsure if this has been mentioned in this thread so sorry if it has.

Have you considered adding the movie details on the movie browsing screens? When I say movie details I mean images for 720p 1080p DTS, etc etc.

I have thought about it and I would like to, but most probably not as long as there's no official support for it in XBMC. Meaning not by adding stuff to filenames in order to make it work.
kautious Wrote:Hey Jeroen!! Thanks for the Update!! Love this skin!!
Im just having this small problem when I'm browsing my library and looking at a movie or tv show plot/info screen it goes back to the beginning of my video list, it wont stay on the selected file. Or if I'm watching a TV Season and Im on Ep 5 after the show is over it will go back to Ep1. Thats it! Other than that I think this skin is perfect!!!

is there a solution to this problem already?
didnt figure it out on my own.

please anybody
thanks alot
SorryNo Still no solution to this problem.
I still think this skin is great!! I just hope it's fixed in the next update.
Jeroen,

Any updates on a possible new release?

For the rest, great skin! Cool
IIINeOIIINL Wrote:Jeroen,

Any updates on a possible new release?

For the rest, great skin! Cool

I'm afraid not Blush
I feel really bad for not releasing an update for a long time, so I won't make any promises that I'm not sure I can keep. Because of a new job and other real world stuff I don't have as much time available to work on Focus as I would like to.
I'm also kind of shifting my available time across two projects, one being Focus and one being a new skin. Contrary to said earlier the new skin will probably be released under the Focus name. Partly because I just like the name Smile and partly because the design principles have remained the same. It will look different but the general concept and viewtypes will be reminiscent of Focus.
It will be released seperately, probably just Focus 2. So it will not be meant as a successor to Focus, I would like to keep the original Focus under development. How realistic that is to do on my own however will remain to be seen.
So again sorry for my absence as of late, I plan to make it up to you in the future Smile
Thanks for keeping us informed. I know I wouldn't be able to find the time to develop and/or maintain a skin. Your skin is still working pretty well Smile Only the big fonts are a bit annoying but I still prefer 6c above any other skin.
I agree totally, Alpha 6c Suits my purpose down to the ground and the bonus its a beautiful skin that doesnt get old.
Stunts38 Wrote:I agree totally, Alpha 6c Suits my purpose down to the ground and the bonus its a beautiful skin that doesnt get old.

..add that it isn't as resource hungry as the other big players but still beautiful and usable Wink

if only i could change some graphics like the top menu and the "movie cases" that would be lovely..
azido Wrote:..add that it isn't as resource hungry as the other big players but still beautiful and usable Wink

if only i could change some graphics like the top menu and the "movie cases" that would be lovely..

I'm planning to put up Focus on the skinning SVN when the next update is done. So then you could fiddle around with the textures. One little problem though, some time ago I accidentally threw away my "working directory". I still have the .psd's, so it's nothing unfixable, just a lot to sort out Sad
Jeroen Wrote:I'm planning to put up Focus on the skinning SVN when the next update is done. So then you could fiddle around with the textures. One little problem though, some time ago I accidentally threw away my "working directory". I still have the .psd's, so it's nothing unfixable, just a lot to sort out Sad

jeroen, you are still my man! Nod these are some really good news.

don't worry about that dir.. i guess the textures can be extracted from the xpr somehow, right? so in that case i have all i need (graphics size related).
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9