Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [LINUX] HOW-TO configure Soundgraph iMON VFD/IR Receiver (used by many HTPC chassis)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
I have the same case as cofin in post #1 (Antec Micro Fusion 350), but I was never able to get the LCD + remote functioning. I always got IRW issues (connection refused errors, etc.).

Luckily I ran into this blog by Kenny: http://www.kennynet.co.uk/tag/imon/. He describes the use of lirc version 0.8.5pre1 (which he lists himself) for Ubuntu. I followed his guide, and what do you know: it works now! I can even do tests with IRW and my Logitech 550 programmed to Soundgraph iMon Pad Controller! Big Grin Kenny supplies a lircd.conf for iMon RM200 (aka Pad controller), RM100 (that came with the Micro Fusion) and a new Antec Veris remote; All in one file.

To get the LCD working in XBMC I used the LCD part of this tutorial on the Ubuntu forum: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1103474. Worsk too!

First try was on Intrepid (8.10) which worked, and after an update to Jaunty (9.04) both the LCD and remote still worked! Second try, just to test things out, I freshly installed Jaunty adn than followed the steps in both tutorials, and that worked too!

Finally I can finish my HTPC build with XBMC - Mythbox - MythTV!

Weeeeeeeei Rofl
Has anyone gotten suspend/resume working properly using this IR receiver? I have an Antec MicroFusion with the 0038 IMON LCD/IR. I have everything working properly with my Harmony 880 programmed to emulate the Veris RM200 remote. I have programmed the Harmony to emulate the power button on the RM100 remote that came with my case, and it works to wake up the PC. I can also sleep the PC from the XBMC power menu. (As an aside, is there a way to sleep from a single button press from anywhere in the XBMC UI?)

The problem is, after the system wakes up, the remote doesn't work. This appears to be a common problem, but I haven't seen an agreed upon way to solve it. It seems to be a problem with lirc and xbmc losing their connection to each other.

For what it's worth, I have this system set up with an Asus P5N7A on HDMI and XBMCLive 9.04 Jaunty.

Thanks for any input.
So, did anyone ever get the 0038 to turn off when the machine is shut down?

Also, I'm experiencing quite a bit of lag when I use my harmony 890 set to emulate the RM200. The RM200 works well, but the harmony lags like crazy. I've contacted logitech support and am currently waiting for tier2 tech support to call me back. Anyone experience something similar (and hopefully solve it)?

Thanks,
noumenon
Quote:So, did anyone ever get the 0038 to turn off when the machine is shut down?
No, I use a custom message (Family Name Home Theater PC). I guess it should be possible...? Maybe you should go throught the LCDproc.conf in /etc/lcdproc*?

Funny, I am experiencing the exact opposite with my Harmony 550. It is way too fast! When I press a button (in IRW for instance) I see it displayed 2-3 times in the terminal. This used to make navigating in MediaPortal terrible, so I am hoping that I can configure Lirc / XBMC to better handle this...?

Btw. Logitech warns its users when they select any iMon remote in the Harmony software. The warning is that a lot of users have issues with this setup, and that they should programme the remote to MCE remote, which is usually supported by the iMon display. Mine does, but I have no idea where to start to change the lirc conf to MCE... So for now I will stick to RM200/iMon Pad Controller.

$p00f3r
Yeah, i've been through the LCDd.conf quite a few times... unable to get it to turn off.

Also, i've been unable to get lirc to recognize any input from the harmony when its set to emulate an mce remote. The only thing that i can get to create output from IRW is the RM200 remote.

noumenon
I had the same issue. no output at all from the mce remote. Only the emulated RM200 and the actual RM100. I also am having the issue with XBMC responding very slowly to IR commands. Interestingly, I am also getting multiple button presses from irw. Perhaps the UI slowness has to do with XBMC filtering out all the multiples. Anyone have any luck with the remote working with XBMC after a resume?
noumenon Wrote:So, did anyone ever get the 0038 to turn off when the machine is shut down?

I tried putting stuff into my /etc/init.d/LCDd to turn it off on shutdown and it simply turns back on again with a blank screen. There is a comment in the sourcecode for the imon lcd driver which also notes this so I guess its a known issue.

Best I could manage was to get it to display the ugly clock on shutdown.
Trying to get this working on an ML02 case with 0038 lcd and having issues.. I think my problem is stemming from this...

(T: XBMCLive)xbmc@XBMCLive:~/lirc/lirc$ sudo apt-get build-dep lirc Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to find a source package for lirc

Needless to say after I run setup I get this

configure: error: *** you need to have the Linux kernel source installed
for this driver

Do I need to edit my sources.list? What should I put in it?

Thanks in advance!
-Erik
noumenon Wrote:Also, i've been unable to get lirc to recognize any input from the harmony when its set to emulate an mce remote.

What lirc*.conf did you use for this? I don't think it will work with the config for the RM*00 remotes.
See post 1 in this thread for config for MCE.

A few weeks ago I was able to receive MCE input from my Harmony 550 in IRW on a freh Jaunty install. I programmed it to emulate MCE remote (new version, Philips et al.) and I used my RC6 receiver that came with the Hauppauge HVR-1700 TV tuner card. I followed the install steps that you go through when you get lirc with aptitude, and selected MCE new version.

If we could use the config for that remote, and format the lirc config to the 15c2:0038 lirc devices (lirc0 and lirc1), wouldn't that work? Oo

Anyone?
The lircd.conf file from the first post does not work for me.

Few questions:

1. Would the correct placement for that file be in

/usr/share/lirc/remotes/lircd.conf.mce

and then place
Code:
include "/usr/share/lirc/remotes/lircd.conf.mce"
in /etc/lircd.conf file?

2. In the logitech setup, how are people choosing the mce remote? I've tried a couple different ways, such as picking microsoft, then media center. Should I be trying another brand?

3. It seems like everyone who has gotten the mce remote to work has the ffcd model and not the 0038 model. Can anyone confirm this? Has anyone gotten the mce remote to work with the 0038 model?

@burritoboy
The guide I ultimately got to work was kenny's:
http://www.kennynet.co.uk/2009/03/30/ubu...-152c0038/

thanks,
noumenon
From what I've read, the 0038 receiver is incapable of correctly receiving the mce commands under Linux. You need the Windows software to do that.
I will buy another receiver if that is the case... I just want the lcd to work Smile

btw the command that is giving me the error is "sudo apt-get build-dep lirc lcdproc" so what can I do to get that working?

Thanks in advance!
-Erik
rgh184 Wrote:From what I've read, the 0038 receiver is incapable of correctly receiving the mce commands under Linux. You need the Windows software to do that.

Where did you read that? I haven't seen any technical discussions... just failed attempts.

Usually hardware incompatibility is only a temporary thing with linux. However, I have no patience, so:

Does anyone have a recommendation for an IR receiver that works without issue and is cheap. Preferably USB or some such thing.

@burritoboy
You don't run that command from kenny's guide. Do you have deb-src sources in your sources.list?

thank,
noumenon
I'm sorry. This was a week or so ago, and I don't recall the context exactly. You're probably right that it could be fixed, I was just left with the impression that it hadn't. I would think that the MCE receivers would work just fine, though I have no personal experience to back this up.
noumenon... what line needs to be in there exactly?

-Erik
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19