Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Playlist playback aborted Too many consecutive failed items
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have xbmc on my Ubuntu 8.04 linux pc, but when I tries to play of my music from my usb hdd I can se that some of the cds I have on my hdd are "missing" song nr 1, if I try to play another song on that cd I get the message "Playlist playback aborted Too many consecutive failed items". What can I do to fix this, the songs/cd are working with a pc running windows and WMP. Have looked for a solution on the web, but I am not getting any closer to fix this myself. In my pc it stads that the xbmc version is 8.10 final 4. I hope you can help me (sorry for my english,but I am from Norway)
Hi,

I have a similar situation. Can you please check what the disks you try to play are: data CD or data DVD? From my point of view, there is a known issue with data DVDs (DVDs with files on them).

WWell,
This is playback from cd that I have ripped to my hdd.
Hi,

The easiest way to et an idea is to get to the point where XBMC says "Too many consecutive items failed...", then examine the debug log (resides in /var/tmp). If you are running some of the beta versions, I guess the debug is enabled by default; if it is not, you can fist enable it from the GUI. Look for lines that begin with "Error".

WWell,
this message is what I get
StdString: Assertion Failed on line 917
StdString: Assertion Failed on line 916

anybody that knows what it is
4 replies an still no log has made it to pastebin.com?
sorry, but I am from Norway and I feel that the techical language on linux is difficult, and I am no computer expert. I have problems with these things
Where is my debug log?
This depends on your install method.I dont know what this is

1. build.sh: BUILD/xbmc.log
2. PPA/RPM or manual using "make install": /var/tmp/$USER-xbmc.log

How do I obtain a backtrace? (Only obtainable if XBMC has crashed out completely to the desktop or terminal)

1. Open terminal
2. Run "ulimit -c unlimited" (Step not required with revision 13981+)
3. Run "xbmc"
4. Reproduce the crash. So far so good, but gbd is typed and nothing is happening
5. Install gdb if you don't have it "sudo apt-get install gdb"
6. Run "gdb /path/to/xbmc.bin /path/to/core" (xbmc.bin path is in the debug log (see above), core file should be in the current directory (may have the process ID number appended))
7. Once gdb has loaded up type "bt" and press enter.
8. Press return until you're back at the prompt then copy and paste the output to your favorite paste site.
9. Type "q" then enter to quit GDB.
10. Delete the core file to avoid confusion later.