Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Complete Loss of Apple Remote after XBMC use on AppleTV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed XBMC 8.10 on my Apple TV 2.1 with Software Menu

After this all worked fine,XBMC worked well.
At night i powered down my apple tv and today after a cold boot i have a complete loss of the Apple Remote.

The Apple TV is now unuseable :-(
It seemed that XBMC killed the driver or something ?

With the Terminal i restarted the finder and also deleted XBMCLauncher.frappliance
SoftwareMenu.frappliance

but all the same. I googled i it seem that many other have the same Problem:
...anybody fix this remote not being read thing? Ive had to use factory install twice to get my apple tv to do anything...that flashing amber light on my apple tv is steve jobs laughing/scolding me for hacking my apple tv.
http://blog.boxee.tv/2008/10/03/xbmcboxe...tv-ver-22/
and many more like this, but i dont found a why and how and what is going on ??
Hi kilyman,

you probably installed XBMCLauncher through SoftwareMenu and after that you installed XBMC Atlantis through XBMCLauncher. Did you also install Boxee?

Can you please check if boxeeservice or xbmchelper is running on your ATV. Killing those should give back remotecontrol.
MaestroDD Wrote:Hi kilyman,

you probably installed XBMCLauncher through SoftwareMenu and after that you installed XBMC Atlantis through XBMCLauncher. Did you also install Boxee?

Can you please check if boxeeservice or xbmchelper is running on your ATV. Killing those should give back remotecontrol.

Yes i installed it so, and also Boxee.

And Yes boxeeservice is running !

After:
killall boxeeservice
killall Finder

the Remote works, but this happens at every reboot!

why is boxeeservice running, and how can i stop this ?
kilyman Wrote:Yes i installed it so, and also Boxee.

And Yes boxeeservice is running !

After:
killall boxeeservice
killall Finder

the Remote works, but this happens at every reboot!

why is boxeeservice running, and how can i stop this ?

boxeeservice is Boxee's "IR-daemon" and should run only when Boxee is active. You'll have to delete /LaunchAgents/tv.boxee.helper.plist to prevent boxeeservice from starting after reboot.
Can you tell which version of Boxee you installed? Boxee should not install that plist anymore :/
MaestroDD Wrote:boxeeservice is Boxee's "IR-daemon" and should run only when Boxee is active. You'll have to delete /LaunchAgents/tv.boxee.helper.plist to prevent boxeeservice from starting after reboot.
Can you tell which version of Boxee you installed? Boxee should not install that plist anymore :/

i installed Boxee yesterday so latest version.

If i delete
sudo rm /Users/frontrow/Library/LaunchAgents/tv.boxee.helper.plist

all is fine also after i start and quit boxee and restart Apple TV, all is fine.

Now i am waiting for a invite to use Boxee.
I am a idiot.
If something like this occurs to anyone else, we would like to know the exact sequence of steps taken during installation on the AppleTV so we can better understand why it has occurred. Please be very detailed.
dafranca Wrote:I am a idiot.

Don't be so hard on yourself. Its not your fault.

Erm..... have you tried holding down menu, and pressing the left buttonHuh??

That should re pair the remote....

Happened to me, but i didnt poop myself.