Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Logitech Harmony keymap.xml needed because of irw error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
after reading so many tutorials i'm still confused by getting my harmony one to work with standard lirc driver "mceusb".

what does work:
1. the harmony as itself under linux 8.04 after installing lirc
2. right after copying the standard keymap.xml & lirc.conf ot /home/USER/.xbmc/usrdata the harmony works the standard way in xbmc too

what doesnt work:
I cannot remap keys because typing irw or sudo irw answer with "connection refused". I cannot imagine why, maybe some other also had this behaviour here?

what i need to be lucky:
a complete customized keymap.xml for a logitech harmony universal remote Wink. so many buttons do not work yet.

i read the whole tutorial from katz (GREAT WORK!) and the one from zeltak but cannot come any further because i do not know how to reconfigure the buttons ;(
Hi!

I think you have to stop LIRC (sudo /etc/init.d/lirc stop) before using irw.

You don't say which Harmony model you own; mine is the 885, which I use with an Antec Fusion V2 case.

My lircd.conf looks like this:

begin remote

name IMON
bits 8
eps 30
aeps 100

one 0 0
zero 0 0
pre_data_bits 24
pre_data 0x800F04
gap 203988
min_repeat 1
toggle_bit_mask 0x8000

begin codes
CH+ 0x12
CH- 0x13
OK 0x22
LEFT 0x20
RIGHT 0x21
UP 0x1E
DOWN 0x1F
MENU 0x24
EXIT 0x23
GUIDE 0x26
INFO 0x0F
STOP 0x19
REPLAY 0x1B
SKIP 0x1A
PLAY 0x16
REC 0x17
REW 0x15
FWD 0x14
PAUSE 0x18
1 0x01
2 0x02
3 0x03
4 0x04
5 0x05
6 0x06
7 0x07
8 0x08
9 0x09
0 0x00
CLEAR 0x0A
ENTER 0x0B
RED 0x5B
GREEN 0x5C
YELLOW 0x5D
BLUE 0x5E
end codes

end remote
It doesn't matter which Harmony remote he has (even though he did say he has a One), because Harmony is not a remote itself, it is a universal remote meaning you tell it what remote it pretends to be. The lirc.conf is specific to which remote you've told the Harmony to act like.

If irw requires lirc to be running, so don't stop it. If you type irw it doesn't just go to the next line and wait, your lirc isn't configured properly. Usually this is because the right driver isn't loaded or lirc isn't running. Check the log to see why it isn't (usually /var/log/daemon).

If you're just missing buttons, then you need to put lirc.conf where lirc is looking for it, generally in /etc/lirc/ BUT it may not be named lirc.conf. Check the directory there and see if it wants it to be called hardware.conf or something else.
It would be nice if someone just posted their config files for the Harmony one id love to go through em and see what custom mapping they have done.
My bad. Should have read more carefully; good luck with your setup.
CapnBry Wrote:It doesn't matter which Harmony remote he has (even though he did say he has a One), because Harmony is not a remote itself, it is a universal remote meaning you tell it what remote it pretends to be. The lirc.conf is specific to which remote you've told the Harmony to act like.

If irw requires lirc to be running, so don't stop it. If you type irw it doesn't just go to the next line and wait, your lirc isn't configured properly. Usually this is because the right driver isn't loaded or lirc isn't running. Check the log to see why it isn't (usually /var/log/daemon).

If you're just missing buttons, then you need to put lirc.conf where lirc is looking for it, generally in /etc/lirc/ BUT it may not be named lirc.conf. Check the directory there and see if it wants it to be called hardware.conf or something else.

thanx cap. i'll try your hints but... althoug irw doesnt work... the harmony does Wink strange behaviour. anyways it seems that i have to get irw working.

ps: as i said, the lirc device driver is "mceusb" for my system
@all:
i found an ubuntu forum thread for my problem:

http://ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-656859.html

it seems, that my kind of remote isnt probably supported by lirc yet.

just 4 info
I: Bus=0003 Vendor=1784 Product=0004 Version=0100