Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: iMON Remote on Intrepid
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm building an HTPC (XBMC on Intrepid), and I have almost everything set up and working, finally. However, I have a SoundGraph iMON VFD which I just can't get working.

I think on one occasion, after a clean reinstall, I got irw to recognise that I was pressing buttons, but that's it. Normally it just reports "Connection closed". Mode2 tells me that /dev/lirc0 does't exist. I've tried the instructions here, but without any success.

Would I be better off switching to XBMC Live? Windows? Can anyone help me get this working?

Thanks.
it could be a problem with lirc not in general not working right like happened to me. It may or may not work for you, but here's the help thread from my problems.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p...ost6166926
I've rebuilt the system from scratch, and I think I've got it all working and recognised by XBMC!

Well, except for the direction pad, but I ought to be able to do something about that, right?
Hi Wintermute.

I recently fought through this myself.

There needs to be 2 lirc devices, one takes the directions, play, stop and number keys (lirc0 on mine) and lirc1 which takes the other like volume etc.

Both need to be read from all the time as the buffer will stick if theres a message waiting on one and not the other.