Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Games Library (Game & Emulator database + launcher) development project, help wanted!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20
Hi,

This look great and I can't wait, Awen have you seen the game library integration the developer(madmab) is building into the xport emulators?

Some of the other forum members and programmers have even made large synopsis files for every rom of whole systems. At the moment they have colecovision, atari 7800, virtual boy, lynx, and a nes synopsis which is approximately 70% (at last check) complete.

Maybe there is a way we can integrate their game library solution into yours?
What's the status of this project? Is there anything in SVN I could look at?

I think this would be a VERY WELCOME addition to XBMC =)
I am willing to add support for images and nfo's for games to MIP in the future as well. I'm wrapping up music support, HD Flagging with cptBry, and media images ... games and home movies are the next logical choices. The media cover site I use has a bunch of game covers as well.
in case awen is still here and interested in this, he maybe
could work together with leo2:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=47646
What's the status of this?, it sound very interesting, have had no luck luck with Emulators and xbmc.
Status please!!
What's happening with this project? It hasn't folded or anything has it?
Anyone else have any interest in taking the lead on this?
I've been working lately on an extension to Programs module in XBMC.
The extensions contains:
1. an ability to setup a scraper for each programs directory.
2. a context menu option to get info for selected file or directory and save it into programs database.
3. a scraper for game info from allgame.com website
4. List of files and folders has been changed to get title & thumb from database (if available)
5. Executables are displayed in the directory browse and can be launched (without "Launcher" plugin)

A little Preview:

I'll sent a patch soon, but there are still some things to complete.

TODO Later:
1. Add information fields like "Genre", "Publisher", "Year", has been added to Sort menu.
2. Add "Program Info" window (like "Movie Info")
3. Add background recursive scan for folders
4. Add Fanart support (does anyone knows a good website of game fanarts?)
wow leo...fantastic. Much appreciated.
htbackdrops.com has game fanart.

and i hope you plan to use the Database directory classes like vids and music? and keep smart playlists in mind Smile
leo2 Wrote:I've been working lately on an extension to Programs module in XBMC.
Sounds cool. Is this just a beefier version of Launcher? I Loooooove Launcher.

I have a suggestion regarding the icon handling of Launcher, assuming this is essentially Launcher. I believe when XBMC sees an icon it resizes it and saves it as a .tbn in the the thumbnails directory. Whereas Launcher just whacks the downloaded .jpg in there. It ends up taking noticeably longer to load each icon when they're all .jpg. Would be great to have it work the same.

Keep up the good work.
nothing to do with launcher, this is native code.

which, among other things, means thumbs will be handled as other sections (i assume, if not leo2 they should Wink)
@leo2

That is some amazing work! This is one project I have been very interested in seeing come to fruition.

Cheers,
Rand
spiff right,
nothing to do with launcher, it's native code.
the patch has been submitted, see http://xbmc.org/ticket/6434 for details.
the patch has many files that were added or changed so I guess it may take a while until it will be reviewed completely. be patient...
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20