Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Exited with error code 11?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

was watching some 720p movie last night and halfay trough xbmc exited with a message:

"XBMC and Boxee exited with the error code 11" or something like that.

Any idea what it means?

I'm on Atlantis 8.10
I'm getting the same when I navigate into a folder that I've added via sources.xml. The folder contains videos, as soon as I open the folder to watch the videos the application crashes. It's extremely repeatable. If I can post debug info I'm happy to do so, just tell me what to do to turn on debug flags?
Any takers?

Simply navigate into a directory and watch the application crash.

Anyone else seeing this? Seems kinda fundamental to me.

Offer stands to try and help debug it.
I posted a day or two ago that XBMC launches in my video sources menu, and while I can navigate freely from folder to folder or up to main menu before playing a movie file, but as soon as I've played one it exits with an error code if I then try and navigate back up to the main menu on the final step.

Very reproducible, and to be honest doesn't take long to relaunch, but obviously this isn't intended to happen.

I thin Apple TV 2.3 has muddied the waters at present and that's going to be a priority to sort out.
The issue I'm seeing is even easier to reproduce.

Fresh session starts in the top level menu
Navigate to Movies
Navigate to the folder in question
Boom - game over

It's almost like there is content in the directory listing that it doesn't like?
Update...

Looks like if I move all the *.mpg files from the directory that the crash is less likely to happen. One of the mpg filse has the following characteristics (I assume they're all like this):

720x480

Audio Bit rate 224 Kbps
Audio Frequency 48000 Hz
Audio Format MPEG-1 Layer 2

Video Bit rate 319393 kbps
Frame Rate 29.97 frames/second
Aspect 4:3
Video Compression MPEG2 Video

This was recorded/created using beyondTV.
I can play the movies fine, it's just when I try to navigate back up to the top level for Video, Music, Picture etc it bombs out with error 11

I've updated the loader to 0.8 too and reinstalled XBMC.

I'm sure logs would be helpful to the devs but not sure what to post and from where to where...
SecretSquirrel Wrote:[...]
I'm sure logs would be helpful to the devs but not sure what to post and from where to where...

Probably all the devs should tune their signatures to font size 42, but for now just try to read the small ones Smile
Hint: it starts with "For troubleshooting and bug reporting" and ends with "please make sure you read this first."
MaestroDD Wrote:Probably all the devs should tune their signatures to font size 42, but for now just try to read the small ones Smile
Hint: it starts with "For troubleshooting and bug reporting" and ends with "please make sure you read this first."

Thanks.

Apologies for being so dim, but sometimes things can be right in front of your nose and you don't see them! Especially when tired and hungover Rolleyes
MaestroDD Wrote:Probably all the devs should tune their signatures to font size 42, but for now just try to read the small ones Smile[/url]."

Believe it or not i can't actually read the sig from my normal distance - my myopia is getting worse - I often don't read sigs anyway (my lookout) - but didn't see a 'bug' sticky above the threads though there are links under the hints/tips sticky or whatever it's called.
My problem seems to have been fixed by setting XBMC to start up in the main menu rather than the video sources folder.