Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Adding support for hdmov files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a bunch of trailers from apple.com/trailers in the hdmov container and I'm wondering if there is a way to enable them to be played back in xbmc? Currently it can't seem to see them. It can see mkv files though.

Is there a way for me to be able to play those files back? MPlayer in the mythtv front end can see and play them back.

My system is Mythbuntu 8.10 with a amd 4600+ cpu with 2 gb of ram and a 7600GT video card.
HD .mov files play back correctly here (just played the Star Trek 1080p trailer). what do you mean by 'XBMC can't see them' ?
The file extension is .hdmov not .mov. Any idea on how to make it show up?
If it's just a matter of getting xbmc to SEE the files, just add it to the list in XBMC/xbmc/Settings.cpp

to: g_stSettings.m_videoExtensions = ...

then recompile.

If that works, please submit a bug report and patch.

TheUni
So it's hardcoded in the code? That's not very flexible Smile Can the dev's add it to some file thats part of the settings that I can then edit in the future? It's not nice when something like this is hardcoded.

Of course I could also just use the mkvtoolnix merge utility to put them in an mkv file instead. I'll try that instead.
What about reading the Online Manual (link in my sig)? .. Advancedsettings.xml - videoextensions
VDRfan Wrote:What about reading the Online Manual (link in my sig)? .. Advancedsettings.xml - videoextensions

BTW, I have added my advancedsettings, to contain some movie ext in my pictures. That will say, I want to be able to watch clips taken with my camera, when watching the pictures.

I can now see the movies, but not play them. Is it possible to do like I did, or do I have to do something else?

/Söder
Sweet. Lets hope that works then.

Update: did not work.

I set the file /home/username/.xbmc/userdata/Advancedsettings.xml to this:

Quote:<videoextensions>
<add>.hdmov</add>
<remove></remove>
</videoextensions>
pyrates Wrote:Sweet. Lets hope that works then.

Update: did not work.

I set the file /home/username/.xbmc/userdata/Advancedsettings.xml to this:

I guess its the same as for me then. Can you see the files?

I can see the files, but cant play them. I guess that xbmc isnt programed to play movies in the pictures menu.

/Söder
.. most likely due to a the missing <advancedsettings>...</advancedsettings> tags Smile

@soder
Right, music is for music (and mvids) only.
VDRfan Wrote:.. most likely due to a the missing <advancedsettings>...</advancedsettings> tags Smile

@soder

Music?

What I mean is, that I want to be able to play my video clips from my digitial camera, which are in the same folder as my pictures. Shouldnt that be possible in some way?

/Söder
hmm if that's it, thank you Smile Will try that then.
Oops, dunno why i said "music", should be pictures ofc. Best practise is to add the given source to the video section to play the recorded videos.
VDRfan Wrote:Oops, dunno why i said "music", should be pictures ofc. Best practise is to add the given source to the video section to play the recorded videos.

Sure, but mostly I want to play the video with the pictures..
pic1.jpg, pic2.jpg, mov3.mpeg. pic4.jpg.

I think the guys should make that work, and maybe an option NOT to play the movies in a slideshow...

EDIT: Please. =)

/Söder
VDRfan Wrote:.. most likely due to a the missing <advancedsettings>...</advancedsettings> tags Smile

@soder

Yep that was it. Thanks. So now I have this:

I set the file /home/username/.xbmc/userdata/advancedsettings.xml to this:

Quote:<advancedsettings>

<videoextensions>
<add>.hdmov</add>
<remove></remove>
</videoextensions>

</advancedsettings>