Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBMC - Issue with "Its Always Sunny in Philadelphia"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am getting the most bizarre thing when I try to FTP over some episodes.

So heres, the deal. I converted my season 1 dvds into .avi files (I have done this process with other shows without any issue, but this show gives me issues) and when I ftp them over, it acts all normally.

However, as soon as I reboot the xbox, the following happens:

All of the episodes are deleted and instead replaced by one episode titled:

its.always.sunny.in.philidelphia.s01e0

So I go from 7 eps at 175 mb each just to the one with no sign of the others.

Does anyone have any ideas how this could be happening? Thanks.
xbox ? you posted this under XBMC Live ?

the ep's have probably been STACKED, see the option in left panel (for PM3)
My bad.

The link I clicked on went right to this forum and I didnt look to see if there would be a better one. Feel free to move it to the correct place if you have the capability to do so.

They are not stacked at all. When I go through the file manager on the xbox it only shows the one file.
Have you tried to upload one at a time and reboot in between to see if they show up? And they are stored locally on the xbox..in the same folder as your other vids? Do the files play and show up right after you upload them before you reboot?

Cheers!
I have not tried to upload them one by one, I will do that. I also havent tried to play them before rebooting.

They are stored locally, at least for that short period between when I upload and reboot.

I appreciate the help and I will let you know how it goes.
How big is your HDD? And did you partition it correctly? Improper partitioning can cause file corruption and automatic deletion of files.
I had this problem with this same show, there are too many characters. Adding the file format you get 42 characters which is the Xbox's limit. It'll shave off extra letters to make it fit into the filename limit and if you have multiple files it'll just keep overwriting them. Rename them to something shorter, like "Its Always Sunny S01E0X" then it should still be transferred and scraped properly.
And that solved the problem. Reducing the length was what needed to be done, thanks a bunch.

But I did this and uploaded it and now I cant use my wireless xbox controller....this should be a coincidence, but I have trouble with those when it comes to stuff like this (yes, i checked the connection and the batteries)