Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Xbox freezing playing Nero MP4 Files
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been having this problem recently.

I have 2 versions, one squished really small (416x212) and one normal (720x364).

The really small one uses MPEG4-AVC and HE-AAC Audio. It plays fine, looks pretty good for using 256kbit Video and 96kbit Audio, but right in the middle and in other places, it locks up solid requiring a reboot of the Xbox.

There's no dropped frames and CPU hovers around 50%.

What could be the problem?
Simba7 Wrote:I've been having this problem recently.

I have 2 versions, one squished really small (416x212) and one normal (720x364).

The really small one uses MPEG4-AVC and HE-AAC Audio. It plays fine, looks pretty good for using 256kbit Video and 96kbit Audio, but right in the middle and in other places, it locks up solid requiring a reboot of the Xbox.

There's no dropped frames and CPU hovers around 50%.

What could be the problem?

I seem to remember there being issues with aac audio. try the same file with ac-3
cold_realms Wrote:I seem to remember there being issues with aac audio. try the same file with ac-3
I wanted to squeeze this down as much as possible. Would AC-3 compress down to 5.1ch, 128kbps audio without it sounding like crap?
The latest t3ch SVN fixed the problem. Nice and smooth.

Not bad for 256kbps MPEG4-AVC Video (432x220 res) and 128kbps HE-AAC 5.1 Audio. No dropped frames whatsoever. I also used 2-pass encoding.

I'm extremely impressed.

I used Nero 9 with defaults on everything, including CABAC, Deblocking, and Bidirectional prediction.

I'm going to try out 256kbps Video @ 480x240 and 128kbps HE-AAC 5.1 Audio next.