Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Random Problems, is yours working great?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

XBMC is setup and everything seems to work great for a period of time, some items that I have not been able to get past are; (FYI I am running Intrepid and have applied the audio fix)

1. Constantly have to enter passwords for smb shares, they are not saved.

2. Always locks up on chapter seek (default button right arrow). XBMC completely locks up and audio repeats over and over again. The x window enviroment is still completely usable and I can forcequit, but Pulseaudio needs to be killed(end process does nothing) from system monitor to stop the audio loop.

3. x264 and h264 files have no sound. I have tested a bunch of formats and it seems anything with aac audio doesn't work. WMV9s are a no go on audio too. Anything ac3 does output digital and full surround. (I have played with my audio settings in XBMC to no avail)

4. Delayed click noise for interface and random freezing.

I can successfully play most anything I could on my xbox without the seek feature (DVD images, XVID, misc internet vids, etc.) . But I stepped up to an HTPC to start enjoying HD content within the amazing frontend we call XBMC, so far I have noticed it is pretty buggy and a far cry from the rock solid program we are used to on the xbox.

Does anyone have a flawless(minor things aside) experience with XBMC for Linux?

I just want to walk away from my HTPC and know that even the most novice user will not completely freeze the system by pressing the wrong thing.

Hardware Specs;

Intel E8400
Nvidia 8800 GT
Asus P5N-E SLI (using coax out on the board)
Saitek P2900 wireless controller (still finalizing the keymap.xml I will post when I am done)
Ubuntu 8.10

One last question if you are even still reading this, should I switch to the SVN repository on launchpad? Currently I am on the stable release. I did not want to make any drastic changes if these issues were common.
Somebody didn't bother searching the forums first. Try killing pulseaudio (pulseaudio -k) before running XBMC to likely alleviate 2-4 (a proper solution is in the works). Set your credentials in settings > network for the smb shares. Lastly, there is no development on launchpad, it is strictly used for package distribution. So, no, don't use that SVN repo (assuming you're correct and there is one, I have no clue).
Thanks for the quick reply I have added pulseaudio -k to my startup in sessions and quickly tested the fix after a reboot and manually entering in terminal. Still getting the same lockup on seek and chapter skip. I will test more in the morning.

Any other quick fix recommendations?
Does seeking videos work for you?