Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: MediaStream Skin Feature Requests
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Hitcher Wrote:Any idea on when MediaStream's going to get it's update guys?

Once I get MiniMeedia released
Cool, how that going by the way?
Not too bad. Had a bit of a lull at the start of the month due to work and other commitments but it's moving along again now. If you want to follow exactly how it's going then follow skunkm0nkee on twitter (screenshots and major updates will still be posted in the forums)
Don't know if you still take requests.
  • A little notification when something got queue'd would be cool, as I sometimes don't know if it has or not.

• Bigger and longer lasting 'index letters' when fast scrolling, on my sd tv its hard to read

• Option to hide the keyboard when searching something, like in Focus.

I apologize if any of these are covered already or not the realm of skinning... i could never get my head around where backend stops and skin begins:

*HD Tagging support (certain this is coming but added anyway)
*Configurable home screen sub-menu choices i.e I almost solely use Recently added for both movies and TV but it takes 5-6 clicks to get to them with my remote)
*TV show status in library view. i.e. tvdb Canceled, airing, hiatus status
*Context menu option from recently added TV that takes you directly to that show and season within the main library.
*I find TV recently added often gets saturated with one show. This is an obvious byproduct of say replacing a dvd season with say a bluray one. yes they are 22 new episodes but in doing this upgrade i pushed out perhaps 22 single new eps from different shows (which is far more ueful and hard to remember information). Perhaps a 25 newest eps from district shows would compiment this view.
Well, after a longer absence than I originally planned it's almost time for me to pull the MediaStream code out from under all the dust and give it a bit of an update. I've still got a few things to finish in MiniMeedia but I'll be tapering that development off over the next few weeks and then concentrating on MediaStream more.

I've been through the list of feature requests and thought about changes I'd like to make. I've currently picked out the following as the most likely additions:
  • Media Flags
  • Fanart for Music
  • Tidy up/reduce the number of options to make the skin easier to use
  • Conditional Weather backgrounds
  • Option to hide progress bar when pausing videos
  • Show Episode counts in Info List for TV Shows
  • Slide Main Menu from Home screen when inactive
  • Use fanart for thumbs in views
  • Customisable items in Home screen menu
  • Update Scan dialog to include 3rd line

These are the things I'm planning to look into but that doesn't actually mean they are guaranteed to get done, just that I'm aiming to look into them. In addition to the changes listed above I'll be revisiting the skin and the code and just generally trying to clean things up a bit. (I will no doubt spot a number of little issues and tweaks once I start using the skin in earnest again)

If you have any further suggestions or ideas on how to improve the skin then feel free to post them. Nod
Skunk, i only have one request that I bet would be very welcome by every fan of fanart here Smile
How about a Low Info List View? I was thinking one exactly like Info List bu smaller, maybe instead of ten items on the list, make it five? this way we can see more of the fanart but still have all the nice info and thumbs that Info List provides...
I would love to see an option have the home bar horizontal such as Broads' Mod. I really love the wow factor of having a nice set of hi res pictures filling up the whole screen. I hate to copy Aeon but that was the one feature I did like a lot from Aeon was the home page look. also the fact that you could move the bar to the bottom or the center.

Broads mod - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54085
Feanor Wrote:Skunk, i only have one request that I bet would be very welcome by every fan of fanart here Smile
How about a Low Info List View? I was thinking one exactly like Info List bu smaller, maybe instead of ten items on the list, make it five? this way we can see more of the fanart but still have all the nice info and thumbs that Info List provides...
I'm not totally sure about a low info view but what I will be doing is having a look at the full set of views and seeing where they can be reduced, increased and improved so who knows what views we'll end up with Wink

SlaveUnit Wrote:I would love to see an option have the home bar horizontal such as Broads' Mod. I really love the wow factor of having a nice set of hi res pictures filling up the whole screen. I hate to copy Aeon but that was the one feature I did like a lot from Aeon was the home page look. also the fact that you could move the bar to the bottom or the center.

Broads mod - http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=54085
Nope, I'm afraid I'm looking to polish and improve the skin, not re-write it. I want to add new features that are currently missing (like Music fanart, current Weather BG's, Media Flags etc) and tweak/polish the existing UI but not a wholesale re-write. The changes I make will be in line with the original vision that we had when MediaStream was originally created. If someone else wants to adapt the skin when I'm done and create a horizontal home screen then that's great but I'm not planning to drastically modify any part of the skin at this time. No

As we said numerous times when MediaStream was originally released, this skin is not meant to be a forum for displaying fanart. The media was the main focus and that's how it should remain. There are other skins out there that are aimed at showing off the fanart (like MiniMeedia or Transparency) but that's not what we're aiming for with MediaStream.
I love Aeon and Mini-Media. The focus on the fanart is awesome but I do love the media centric design of Mediastream and I look forward to seeing it get an update. Thanks for your work skunkm0nkee!

Sincerely,
Bahndit
I would like a "wider" file list more room for the name of the song/movie/episode instead of a lot of empty space...
something like this:
I always thought the cover image on the progress/info/osd bar was a bit on the small side - could we have something slightly larger (maybe overlap the top of the bar, as in PM3HD)?

a 'Finish Time' would be nice too Smile
Please stick to your plans skunk. I loved your skin from the first day i installed xbmc and all it needs is a bit of an update to include new features that are now available. Things like horizontal menus and stuff are clearly a thing for mods imho. A bit more space for text, especially in the settings menu would be welcome though.
@skunkm0nkee, please consider adding "cdArt" support (with a fallback image) as well http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=53242

Cool
Nice one, cdArt looks interesting. I'll add it to my list of things to investigate. Not sure if it'll go with the Now Playing UI but could maybe be added to the music vis screen. Thanks
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10