Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: keymap.xml Queue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've already successfully changed the settings for apple remote within fullscreen video - up to bigstepforward and down to bigstepback

I'm trying to add queue function within music (I thought it had already been including on press and hold right, but it wouldn't work for me) to press and hold play on the apple remote. I've added the appropriate text for button id 7 under both mymusicfiles and mymusiclibrary in the keymap.xml but I just can't get it to work. I'm wondering if there's maybe something wrong with my setup, can anyone confirm if press and hold right to queue music does indeed work? I've also tried to check in the log, do remote presses show up in the log?

This is what I've added in keymap.xml under mymusicfiles and mymusiclibrary:

<joystick name="AppleRemote">
<button id="6">ParentDir</button>
<button id="7">Queue</button>
</joystick>

If i could just get this working i'd be very happy indeed.

thanks R

Edit - its xbmc atlantis 8.10 on mac mini

Edit 2 - i've also tried to include press and hold on the play button in full screen video to Stop, but that doesn't seem to work either, so i'm guessing I have a problem with the press and hold functinality, is there anything additional I need to include in the keyma.xml for press and hold or just use the correct button number - 7 for play/pause button and 8 for menu button?
Possibly the keymap.xml file is in the wrong folder?
see this page http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=33056&page=4
its def in the right place, application support/user data, etc...and it works for skip forward 10mins, one of the changes i made...also, when i press and hold play the apple remote puts my mac mini to sleep - v.v.v frustrating, I don't know, i've even tried Plex with it suposedly being more mac centric, but i prefer xbmc...apple remote doesnae even work in plex! gah!

edit - it doesn't work for pressing menu to launch xbmc either, i've even uninstalled front row, it kept launching whenever i pressed menu....damn, its frustrating!

edit 2 - i can get Queue functionality working by assigning it to button id 8, so i know it works....but then i lose the context menu, and I have no way to get to the 'now playing' section to shuffle the playlist, (if i want to).

Is there any tip to get the queue function to work on press/hold of play? or just to get press/hold functionality working on any of the buttons! (except the menu button, that works!)