Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video tearing in atlantis final
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
After upgrading from Atlantis live beta 1 to Atlantis final i now am having strange video tearing on almost all my videos. They are all x264 480p files in mkv containers with ac3 audio. I am using a e8400, so the cpu is not the issue. Was anything changed in mplayer between the two versions? The files play fine on my windows pc with a Q6600. Also the videos played fine before the upgrade. I am using SAMBA sharing through 100Mbs. For what its worth, I am using GeForce 8400 GS 256MB, but i know its know used for videos currently. Also, my video is output via dvi to a crt rptv @ 1080i. Any ideas? Anyone else experiencing this? I doubt it as i couldnt find any posts.
hmm, i tried setting vertical blank synch to always enabled. seemed to do the trick. ill do some more testing to find out if it fixes the problem entirely. can anyone explain what this option actually does?
Nmarconi Wrote:hmm, i tried setting vertical blank synch to always enabled. seemed to do the trick. ill do some more testing to find out if it fixes the problem entirely. can anyone explain what this option actually does?

Hi Nmarconi,

I recently started a thread to find optimized settings for XBMC on Apple TV, so it's not directly related to your problem, but might well be. Also, the VSync setting is explained somewhere in the thread:

http://www.xbmc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=41584

Best,
Randy
Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. I just built a new rig and was having the same problem and it was driving me crazy. I came accross your post, changed the setting and now all is playing perfect. Thanks again.
-Ed