Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New XBMC USplash Theme
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi All,

I've started working on a new USplash theme for XBMC.
Click here for a sample from my blog.

Any comments/notes/ideas will be appreciated.

Thanks.
Damn, that's nice, could you maybe do one in black aswell?
Nice one!

One thing I noticed on my tv, is that the boot up process runs in 1280x720, which dosenĀ“t seem to be a resolution included in any usplash themes. So it always uses the default 640x480 one and stretches it out, so it looks buttugly and makes me disable the splash instead...
How do you know that your boot process runs at 720p, I couldn't get my Nvidia gfx to do that...
Are you using my bootsplash?
Here's how it will look like in black...
Nice work! Specially the black one.
/O
Looks really nice (I'd use the black one, to match all my other junk, but the blue one is equally awesome). But...the "xbmc" part of the logo being bigger/different font makes it look a little bit non-centered. What would it look like if "media center" was below "xbmc"? It might be ugly - I'm just thinking out loud.
Duduke Wrote:How do you know that your boot process runs at 720p, I couldn't get my Nvidia gfx to do that...
Are you using my bootsplash?

I press the (i) button on my tv, says 1280x720 there during boot.

Nope, not using any at the moment, guess I have to try yours, the black one looks very nice. Smile
+1 for the black one!
Thats a nice looking usplash!
Both of them, great work
Due to popular request Smile, I've decided to build the black version first.

Grab it here.

As always, Comments/Ideas/Notes/Nags, whatever.
Doesn't unfortunately work for me, I think it is because of uvesafb. It just looks like the splash has been disabled when I start the computer.

EDIT: Should maybe mention what I got. It's mythbuntu 8.04 and a Nvidia card with the 173.14.12 driver.
AFAIK, Hardy (8.04) is not using the UVESAFB module.

You can try to add the vga='video mode' to your kernel parameters in /boot/grub/menu.lst.

Video modes should be used in their hex values, so refer to this article for available video modes.
That is a beautiful splash. Nice and clean. Gook work! I will be changing mine to this one tonight!
That would make a good addition to the XBMC live distro

-Brandon
Can you make one for a SD TV? 720x480
Pages: 1 2