Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: xbmc webserver (goahead)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, can anyone tell me how to get the webserver working??

After searching through the forums and the wiki I am aware that there is a problem with password field, and that the username should be xbox,

however, whatever combination I use nothing helps.. If I leave the port at 80 internet explorer goes straight to a 404, if I change the port to 8080 it does give me a login box (sometimes) however whatever combination of username and passwords I use it will either go to an "unauthorised access page" or straight to a 404

where should default.asp be located (just so I can check it is there) and also where are the username and password held (so I can check that file hasn't got corrupted??)
You have clicked "Enable Webserver"?
Was the first thing I did.. have also tried enabling, and disabling a couple of times on a restart cycle to see if that would "jog it into action" all to no avail..
Can you ping the xbox? what are your proxy settings on the PC your trying to connect from?
Hi, I can ftp to the xbox with no problems, (the ftp server has always worked fine) and just pinged the xbox and that is fine.. and the pc I am using to connect doesn't use any proxy settings..
running xp mce and have also just tried it from my vista machine and still no joy, figure it's not worth trying from ubuntu because of the firefox problems

just wondering if it could be because I am using a dd-wrt, will check the settings there and also try a direct link with a crossover cable.. would still be handy to know what file xbmc keeps the network settings and passwords, and also the location of default.asp just so I can check that they arent corrupt..
If you're using latest t3ch (november something proper). The web folder wasn't packed correctly. You can get the PM3 web interface from the SVN browser on sourceforge, there's another thread on this exact subject with a direct link. Just extract the rar to a folder called "web" and upload it to the root of your XBMC install dir.
Aha! there you go... or theres a new December build on T3CH's website... you could try that to.
Yes that was the problem, however it still was playing up using port 80 so switched it to a random number and it now works fine...

Many thanks for your help.. (hadn't seen that t3ch had released new build either, so thank you for that as well)

Smile

On a side note it seems a shame that almost all development is now moving away from the xbox, when it is so near to perfection, as I (personally) don't think that the 'user experience' is anywhere near as fluid on xp and linux (but then I suppose you need to focus on these to bring them upto the xbox standard)