Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can I create an XBMC Bootable DVD for my Xbox...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
that I can just boot up to whenever I want to run the OS? I've tried looking for this, but haven't found anything...is there an ISO I can burn to a DVD, and boot my xbox into XBMC without having to mod my box?
Sorry, feel kinda dumb for asking this.

For anybody reading this and wondering the same thing, if I understand things correctly, short answer is no.

You have got to mod your xbox, either softmod or hardmod in order to bypass the built in security.
at the very least, you need you're xbox modded. so you need 007, or one of the other 2 games and the save game hack to install the softmod, you dont need to install a dash board, but the soft mod as a minimum. then you can extract the xbmc files to a folder and make a cd iso with quix (is the easiest) and make sure the xbe is name default.xbe. thi way you could keep the factory dashboard, and boot xbmc from a cd/dvd when you want........

either way, the xbox has to be modded though. so short answer to you're question specifically, is no
Why would you not want to mod it? Huh

A first gen Xbox thats not modded and running XBMC is like a car with no wheels!

It will do everything your current setup does and a HEAP of other fantastic stuff!