Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Why is 1920x1200 (Full screen #2) keep going to my primary screen? But sort of works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Howdy,

Have an iMac (Intel, version 10.5.5) with second monitor (Samsung SyncMaster T240 at 1920x1200) through miniDVI <-> DVI.

Been running the XBMC 8.10 ATLANTIS successfully with the main iMac display, at 1920x1200 (Full Screen).

And experimenting with XBMC to display on second monitor on startup, by selecting 1920x1200 (Full Screen #2).

The issue for me is that, XBMC keeps going to the primary display.

Even deleted ~/library/application support/xmbc/ and still XBMC keeps going to the primary display.

I know the 1920x1200 as full screen works on the second monitor, because if i first make XBMC as a window, drag it over to second monitor, and select 1920x1200 (Full Screen #2), and test the resolution, then the XBMC stays in second monitor. This is my workaround.

But, quit XBMC, and restart. And once again XBMC goes to the primary monitor.

Urgh!

I guess i don't mind the workaround.

Is the 1920x1200 (Full Screen #2) not yet supported?

Is there some other setting(s) i'm missing?

Thanks much!
This is interesting.

Boxee behaves the same with 1920x1200 (Full Screen #2).

*But* Plex, using the same setting 1920x1200 (Full Screen #2), actually works as expected.

1920x1200 (Full Screen #2) in Plex keeps the full screen in second monitor, on restart.

Hmm... (XBMC, Boxee and Plex, shares same/similar code base).

On a side note, Plex doesn't seem to work with the mouse, since mouse seems to be nonfunction in Plex. There's always something. But not complaining. These are all great apps. Smile
Doh, didn't realize the mouse was disabled in Plex. Now works.

Anyway, really would like to have XBMC working on screen #2 as default at 1920x1200, with the 1920x1200 (Full Screen #2), like the Plex.
I am having the same problem with my Philips 42" 1080p (full screen #2). It is possible to set full screen on my TV by dragging the xbmc window to to the TV and choosing Full screen #2 in the settings. However, each time I restart xbmc, it automatically full screens to my LG 1650x1050 monitor (with 1920x1080 resolution). Hopefully someone can help us find a solution for this..

Plex also works for me without any problems.
I'm having the same problem with XBMC_for_Mac-9.04.1-repack. Anyone get this working?

This setting does work on Boxee however.