Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: problem with finding Tv show
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello !

i got a problem with finding a TV Show; "Numb3rs".

Every other show works just fine.

this if how the folders are;

X:\TV\Numb3rs\Numb3rs.S01E01.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ
X:\TV\Numb3rs\Numb3rs.S01E02.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ
X:\TV\Numb3rs\Numb3rs.S01E03.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ
X:\TV\Numb3rs\Numb3rs.S01E04.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ
X:\TV\Numb3rs\Numb3rs.S01E05.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ
X:\TV\Numb3rs\Numb3rs.S01E06.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ
X:\TV\Numb3rs\Numb3rs.S01E07.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ
X:\TV\Numb3rs\Numb3rs.S01E08.DVDRip.XviD-TOPAZ

Whats wrong with that ?

thanks for the help
Use the tvshow.nfo method for 100% reliable show identification.

Consult the wiki for details.
okay, thanks.

dont got it to work with nfo.

I think the problem is when it comes to finding seasons/episodes.

It can find the program (numb3rs) but not any episode. Can something go wrong because the show name containing a number (3) ?
Note: I'm assuming that you have the files still in rars or still in the original naming scheme.

I had this same problem with TOPAZ rips. They have a funny way of naming their rars and the default xbmc tvshowmatching regex doesn't recognize it. In your case, I think the files look something like tpz-num101. If yes, follow the directions below...

Open notepad on your pc, paste the code below and save as "AdvancedSettings.xml".
Then copy this file to C:\Documents and Settings\USER\Application Data\XBMC\userdata.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
  <tvshowmatching action="append">
    <regexp>([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])</regexp>
  </tvshowmatching>
</advancedsettings>

Restart XBMC and the shows should add to the library correctly.
An alternative REGEX that IMO works better especially for TPZ

Code:
<regexp>season[\._ ]?0?([0-9]{1,2})\/tpz-.*?\1([0-9]{1,2})(?:r|-fixed)?\.</regexp>

This assume you have a folder structure of /Show/Season x/video

It is not perfect but handles alot of the weird tpz naming that the previous regex will fail on like tpz-4400102
thanks buys.

yes, still in rars.

still dont get it to work, where is the userdata in vista ?

can only find it under program files.

the rars are named; tpz-numb102
Your losing me unfortunately since:

1. I wont use Vista
2. I think rars are an abomination

lol
haha !

1. I´m just using vista because I wanted to try it out. And now I have fixed to much and dont have any energy to change OS.
2. They come in rars, they stay in rars. I dont know why, I just like to save them in the same shape as they came in.
Arias Wrote:2. They come in rars, they stay in rars. I dont know why, I just like to save them in the same shape as they came in.

I agree....anyways follow my directions above and put the xml file in the right place and it should work.
thanks alot, works like a charm !

I had to re add the source, but after that it works fine

only got one show that dont add, CSI NY.

same thing here, find show but not the episodes.

example;
CSI.New.York.S05E03.HDTV.XviD-LOL\csi.new.york.503.hdtv-lol.rar
Arias Wrote:thanks alot, works like a charm !

I had to re add the source, but after that it works fine

only got one show that dont add, CSI NY.

same thing here, find show but not the episodes.

example;
CSI.New.York.S05E03.HDTV.XviD-LOL\csi.new.york.503.hdtv-lol.rar

You shouldn't have a problem with that name scheme. The default regex and the one for the TOPAZ rips should work for that.

defaults here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...atching.3E

the regex for foo.103 also works for csi.new.york.503.hdtv-lol.

btw, You can test the regex against file names here:
http://www.fileformat.info/tool/regex.htm

Put the file names under "Test String" and the regex under "Regular Expression", then press test. So for example, "csi.new.york.503.hdtv-lol" for test string and "([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])" for regular expression.
stacked Wrote:You shouldn't have a problem with that name scheme. The default regex and the one for the TOPAZ rips should work for that.

defaults here:
http://wiki.xbmc.org/?title=Advancedsett...atching.3E

the regex for foo.103 also works for csi.new.york.503.hdtv-lol.

btw, You can test the regex against file names here:
http://www.fileformat.info/tool/regex.htm

Put the file names under "Test String" and the regex under "Regular Expression", then press test. So for example, "csi.new.york.503.hdtv-lol" for test string and "([0-9]+)([0-9][0-9])" for regular expression.

thanks for the link, yeah something is mysteriously wrong !
A few suggestions...

1) Don't use RARs for video... does it really save you that much space or $? Not that I've seen.

2) Use an app that will rename your files (no matter what name format) automatically... I use TV Renamer (http://renamer.natbur.com) works very well and he updates it when needed.
Livin Wrote:A few suggestions...

1) Don't use RARs for video... does it really save you that much space or $? Not that I've seen.

The main reason people use rars is because when you download the show from private trackers, it comes in rars. And since XBMC fully supports rars their is no difference between a video in rar and a actual avi.

I don't know what you guys have against rars. Is it from all that bad experience of downloading fake files, viruses, and locked files from crappy public sites? Huh
Pages: 1 2