Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: after login.......?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
it has to be something simple but my search didnt help. doesnt help that im not very good with linux either. (prolly not searching using the right terms)

after selecting to boot intel graphics i get a splash screen. then after load im taken to the login prompt. after xbmc/xbmc i get a command line and nothing else loads. am i missing something here?

also, the whole time i am in the command line interface the screen flashes on and off in about a 1 second interval. during the splash screen and before picking my load option it is fine.

please help

100% noob here, sorry if i missed something that obvious.
You actually _have_ Intel gfx that are supported I'm assuming? That would be anything between gma950 and g33.
im not sure what the graphics are. im trying to boot it on a PLC troubleshooting machine (something a friend gave me that used to run windows 2000) and have no clue whats inside of it other then what flashes by at post. (intel p4 2ghz and 512mb ram) no matter which graphic option i choose the screen flickers and flashes like that.

im hoping that once im in that it shouldnt be a problem.

but since i dont know how to get into the GUI, i dont know for sure yet. (thats my biggest problem)
run "lspci | grep VGA" at the terminal, you're probably just choosing the wrong driver.
it says:
00:02.0 VGA compatible controller: Intel Corporation 82845G/GL [Brookdale-G] GE Chipset Integrated Graphics Device (rev 03)

that still doesnt answer my question on loading the GUI... like i said the splash screen comes up fine so im hoping that the GUI will do the same. but i dont know how to get that to load.
Your gfx card only supports OpenGL 1.3 we require 1.4+. Sorry.
well booty.

is that why it wont auto load into the GUI?
Yes
so i decided to go and try on my dell. it has a geforce mx 420 and its doing the same flashing issues when loading nvidia drivers.......

*edit*
but it loads with intel drivers.....?

that answers my auto load question at least. still confused on why though.
The nvidia driver that we've bundled only supports gf5+ IIRC. Why the intel driver works...I couldn't even speculate.