Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Disable Keyboard/Mouse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there anyway to disable xbmc from hijacking my keyboard/mouse?

I want xbmc to only be controlled with my remote and nothing else.

--sbradley
Mouse, yes, settings > appearance.
Keyboard, ...are you trying to shoot yourself in the foot?
I have setup dual display with two independent screens via nvidia card.

I want mouse/keyboard on display 1 for surfing internet and remote only control on display2 with xbmc.

I am not insane, because I dont need those inputs for xbmc.
In that case the problem is a limitation with SDL 1.2 which should hopefully be resolved in 1.3 (it's slated anyway).
what do you mean resolve? What exactly is the problem?

hijacking keyboard/mouse is not desired behavior.
sbradley7777 Wrote:hijacking keyboard/mouse is not desired behavior.
Right, but that's how SDL currently handles fullscreen. Once they fix it we can fix it in XBMC.
sbradley7777 Wrote:what do you mean resolve? What exactly is the problem?

hijacking keyboard/mouse is not desired behavior.

hm.. as soon as xbmc hasn't the focus, it does not catch up keyboard or mouse events at all.. i don't get you here.

right now when i'm writing this post xbmc runs on my tv and does not respond to anything i'm typing here. so?
The actually problem after disabling mouse in config, is that in fullscreen mode I cannot move the mouse over to the other display and thus the keyboard will not work.

The real question is probably, I guess would be how to limit keyboard/mouse functionality on only 1 display or is there a way to prevent fullscreen mode from holding mouse hijack to that 1 display.
Have a dig through the Xorg docs, that's the level you'd need to do it at.
yeah that is what I am thinking now. I think this might be an X issue.
yeah this is an X issue:

http://research.edm.uhasselt.be/~jori/pa....DualSeatX
http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/3442/

Looks like to much work, xorg.conf needs to add a remote control as an input device.