Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How do i re-enable auto-update on AppleTv.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I want to update to 2.3 now and everytime i hit "update software" it says "AppleTV can't check right now. Try again later"
machater81 Wrote:I want to update to 2.3 now and everytime i hit "update software" it says "AppleTV can't check right now. Try again later"

edit "/etc/hosts" and remove what was added to prevent the update.
i used the code you previously provided to disable auto-update:

sudo bash -c 'echo "127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com" >> /etc/hosts'

what should i remove to get it to update again
machater81 Wrote:i used the code you previously provided to disable auto-update:

sudo bash -c 'echo "127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com" >> /etc/hosts'

what should i remove to get it to update again

edit "/etc/hosts" and remove the line "127.0.0.1 mesu.apple.com"

nano works well for editing files

sudo nano /etc/hosts

google "osx nano" for info on how to use nano.
nvm fixed it ...thx. ALSO if I update to 2.3 now will it destroy boxee even if i updated boxee to the newest versionHuhHuh?
machater81 Wrote:nvm fixed it ...thx. ALSO if I update to 2.3 now will it destroy boxee even if i updated boxee to the newest versionHuhHuh?

any appletv os update will nuke osboot. that's just how it works. so update then re-patch.
nvm deleted old local_hosts file
For anybody else who digs up this tread looking to re-enable updates to the Apple TV os, you can do this all in the gui now. The new launcher has this in the settings menu and it works even if you disabled updates in the command line.

NB: This wiped out my XBMC launcher. I guess one has to start over again with a patchstick.
its over 4 year old thread, you know that right?

** lock