Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Definitive list of XBMC Live compatible hardware
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would there be any value in creating a list of hardware that works with XBMC Live? Maybe one already exists?

Like many others I've reached the point where I want to start watching HD content so it looks like I'll be retiring my xbox. Sad

Though there are various media center apps out there, I'd like to stick with XBMC purely because you don't need an underlying OS like you do with others.

From my basic understanding of how XBMC works I belive the ability to play HD material relys more upon the CPU than the GPU. Is that a fair assumption?

Would these newer motherboards that have onboard HDMI be a good choice since they have
Quote:hardware accelerated decode during high-definition playback.
to quote intel on this board; http://www.intel.com/Products/Desktop/Mo...erview.htm

Thoughts?
Hi , i had the same problem. My new XBMC (Live) runs on an aopen MP945 intel t7200 c2d dvi->hdmi and optical audio. Works great. Even with 1080p compressed mkv´s. And the best is it´s silent. A good choice for a MC. Perhaps there will more Hardware plattform, even more powerful ones. I think the interagted gfx chipset from the mp945 is not able to decode HD materila, so the CPU have to do the works. Have a look at the new AMD 780 Chipset. Also HDMI and i think built in HD decoding.
This is a list that would benefit most being on the wiki, incase it grows and someone is interested in maintaining (or atleast create the initial wiki) that would be great, Im most sure anyone willing to do this would get ninja status if they´d PM pike.

Its a good idea and would help alot of users.