Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [AppleTV] Launcher 2.1 released
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The new AppleTV Launcher 2.1 with "Multifinder" has been released.

This version replaces booting into the standard Finder.app (frontrow) with a new Multifinder that handles application switching between Boxee and Frontrow. The only side effect is going back to Frontrow takes longer than previous as Frontrow is starting up from scratch.

1) Left side menu is renamed from "XBMC/Boxee" to "Launcher".
2) Fixes failure to get into the frontscreen when launching XBMC (black screen on launch).

How to Install:

1) Check the Launcher update menu entry and update or 2) download from http://atv-xbmc-launcher.googlecode.com and manually install.

Known Issues: Learned IR remotes under r2.3 are not supported under XBMC in this version.

For the thrill seekers: ssh in and
Code:
defaults write com.teamxbmc.xbmclauncher XBMCExpertMode 1

then into XBMC and back to frontrow. Launcher will now have an additional menu entry in settings. This toggles the default boot application... Now you can boot directly into XBMC. Quitting XBMC in this mode will return back to frontrow.

Enjoy.
Seems to work well. Tried the default boot app toggle as well. Works like a charm!
Have an issue. I have updated xbmc bf1 and Launcher, I use a custom Keymap.xml that worked 100% on previous xbmc+launcher on apple tv 2.2

Now when I press +hold menu in the movie library it does nothing as before it was showing me a menu.

Any suggestions?
On second though, hold+menu doesnt work in all screens... please help
Ilia Wrote:Have an issue. I have updated xbmc bf1 and Launcher, I use a custom Keymap.xml that worked 100% on previous xbmc+launcher on apple tv 2.2

Now when I press +hold menu in the movie library it does nothing as before it was showing me a menu.

Any suggestions?

Which previous launcher, 2.0 or 0.8 ?
I would say 0.8
I also found another itresting thing... not sure if it is related.. I have xbmc remote on my iphone which has an OSD button which does nothing when I press on it..
I remapped the osd to press+hold play which works now...
davilla,

Can I use launcher 2.1 in ATV 2.1 or only in 2.2 and 2.3?
guibaa Wrote:davilla,

Can I use launcher 2.1 in ATV 2.1 or only in 2.2 and 2.3?

It should work under all 2.x ATV OS versions.
After installing Launcher 2.1, I've lost the context menu (menu hold) in the Library. :mad:

atv 2.1
previous launcher - 0.8
/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Keymap.xml is untouched since Oct.
Hi,

nice one!! thats what i waited for...

now i have one question... how to go to sleep/standby mode after directly booting into XBMC Huh

thx davilla for this nice update!!
tyche Wrote:After installing Launcher 2.1, I've lost the context menu (menu hold) in the Library. :mad:

atv 2.1
previous launcher - 0.8
/Users/frontrow/Library/Application Support/XBMC/userdata/Keymap.xml is untouched since Oct.

hm, works here on 2.3.
please pastebin console.log so we might see what's happening.
tyche Wrote:After installing Launcher 2.1, I've lost the context menu (menu hold) in the Library. :mad:

atv 2.1
previous launcher - 0.8

Launcher -> Settings -> Use Universal Mode = NO

In Universal Mode, a "menu hold" is the beginning of an IR sequence. Turn Universal Mode off will restore the previous behavior under pre-r2.3.

Why this is not effecting r2.3 is being looked into.
Purplered Wrote:Hi,

nice one!! thats what i waited for...

now i have one question... how to go to sleep/standby mode after directly booting into XBMC Huh

thx davilla for this nice update!!

"sleep/standby mode" -> not supported under direct boot at the current time. It really does not make any differences with respect to power usage according to my KillaWatt.
Pages: 1 2