Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: ATV w/ XBMC vs. WME
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I picked up a linksys windows media extender (DMA 2100) for a few bucks, more to try it out than anything else. It is a joke. I cannot compare the ATV with XBMC to this "extender".

I have been told, but didn't listen, that these windows media extenders were crap. I can confirm it now. Don't waste your time nor money.
The Linksys works is fine as an extender to a VMC. The Video side is let down by lack of full codec support but that's where XBMC comes in.

I don't see why you'd try and compare the two, I have a DMA2200 (with DVD drive) and ATV with XBMC and they perform different functions for me. DMA2200 for TV, music and photos. XBMC for Video, music, photos, podcasts, youtube, i.e everything else. If XBMC could handle TV tuners then one box would do, until then I need both.
hi,
i have linksys dma2100 ,i can able see xbmc on my dma2100 but as soon as i click on it my dma2100 is disconnecting from my pc. can any one pls help me.
DMA2100 doesn't actually work with XBMC. The guys above were just comparing it to an HTPC with XBMC.